List your top video producers in the Wedding industry? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 4th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: List your top video producers in the Wedding industry?

Its a bit sad, but I do agree with Noa. Some of the top wedding videographers use to contribute here but now they dont. I believe Patrick from StillMotion use to chime in here from time to time. You even have folks from Mayad who use to chime in. I do wish they were still around.
Chris Talawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Joe Simon does very nice work but is someone who paid his dues by doing wedding videos for years with traditional camcorders before moving over to DSLR cinematic style. He is a wedding videographer who uses DSLRs rather than a wannabe film maker who is doing wedding videos.

My current favourite wedding videos are from a guy in Israel who does a great job of capturing high energy Jewish weddings with a GH2 OM-D & a whole bunch of different lenses. Both camerawork & editing are superb. https://vimeo.com/vadimaction/videos Any of his work is worth watching. Here is a recent wedding highlights video.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Have to say I'm a bit shocked that people are bold enough to pretty much call everyone on here average.

I don't think I'm average. Even if I was, I wouldn't appreciate being told it by my peers.

I'm not even sure what the need was bring it up.
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
He is a wedding videographer who uses DSLRs rather than a wannabe film maker who is doing wedding videos.
Is that a compliment?
Daniel Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin View Post
Have to say I'm a bit shocked that people are bold enough to pretty much call everyone on here average.

I don't think I'm average. Even if I was, I wouldn't appreciate being told it by my peers.

I'm not even sure what the need was bring it up.
I dont think any of us here think we are average. I have been producing wedding videos since 1982. Straight doco production, I'm to long in the tooth to change now. But new breeds come along at regular intervals, and some of them make you think, WOW. There are three guys who really made a mark on the industry here in the UK in the last few years. John DeRienzo, Danny O'Neill and Richard Wakefield. All these guys are amazingly creative, and know what a cinematic production should be, and produce just that time after time. Very unlike the guys who advertise cinematic weddings, thinking that a few slider and shallow DOF shots do it.
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Major Player

I made a separate post earlier about "Cinematic" weddings, and I think there's some great trailers/highlights out there, but I've always wondered how their full DVDs of the weddings look, such as the full edit of the ceremony.

Really interested in this.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:37 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I deliver final product on DVD , Blurray as well as thmbdrive. this is an encore export to Adobe Flash playback on PC, Mac and Android phone and tablet. I also include individual MP4 files on the same thumbdrive for idevices.

Old February 6th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #23
Inner Circle

[quote=Nigel Barker;1830730]He is a wedding videographer who uses DSLRs rather than a wannabe film maker who is doing wedding videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Latimer View Post
Is that a compliment?
It was intended as a compliment.

There are some who take over the wedding & produce a cinematic epic because they are frustrated film makers slumming it by producing wedding videos. Some even come out with pretentious twaddle like they don't necessarily even include the ceremony in their productions if it doesn't fit their vision for the video.

Joe Simon is not like that even though he commands big bucks for celebrity weddings. I attended a workshop he gave a few years ago and was very impressed.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Just saw another video from Bob Nicolas, his videos have such a smooth flow in camera movements and their eyecandy shots are from a level I have not seen before, just check out that ring shot at 01:00 or that weddingdress shot at 02:00 or just the openingsshot, I know they are a multicam operator team but they sure all know how to operate their dslr's, their videos are really fun to watch.

Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:55 AM   #25
Major Player

As a matter of interest do you know what they do about capturing the audio Noa? In the vows sequence the groom looked startled to find a mic suddenly just below his chin, plus the mic the priest is using appears to be on a moving pole / boom. I have visions of a ninja soundman standing right next to them.

Pete
Peter Riding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #26
Inner Circle

No idea how they handle sound, must say that in several of their films audio is not on par with their visual expertise, it often sounds they capture the sound from the church soundspeakers. It did look like the cameramans mike that was held in front of the groom as no sound came out of the church soundspeakers which is why the groom looked surprised :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:40 PM   #27
Major Player

2 My favorites

Jason Magbanua

Mayad Studios

Old March 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #28
Major Player

Finally a vote for Jason Magbanua :) Had a chance to go to one of his seminars last year...i thought his Same Day Edits were the best until he handed us 6 full wedding edits...simply amazing work and incredible to watch. My favorites, aside from Jason and Bob (Philippines) are Untitled Film Works (Australia), Artisland (Russia), Reb6studios and Jose Ortiz Films (USA)
Old March 13th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #29
Major Player

Hi Kren,

Any chance you wanted to sell a copy Jason's full edit? Always wanted to see what the entire wedding would look like.
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:38 AM   #30
Major Player

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure I like where this is heading. These videos whilst very impressive are beginning to drift further and further from reality.

Furthermore - even if I was talented enough, I'm not sure I'd be happy creating such videos that seem like a weird mixture of self-indulgence and psychological fantasy and money coming out their ears.

Seriously though, who are these people trying to sell themselves to? Am I being over cynical? But I'd imagine 98% of people at least want their cinematic videos to reflect themselves in a semi-realistic way.

If you are saying things like 'yea! like that, smile more, tilt your head a bit - ok now, lets go back up here and try that again' - surely you have crossed the line into creating some sort of marketing promo video for yourselves as the best couple ever.

All very impressive though...
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques