List your top video producers in the Wedding industry? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #61
Major Player

Re: List your top video producers in the Wedding industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I think that's a great idea Andrew, you might start a seperate thread for that in the "SPC - Single Person Crew" category? Although I don't consider myself a top end videographer at all I wouldn't mind sharing a film with additional explanation what I focus on at the wedding and what I use to achieve that.
And I would love to read that and others like it!
Craig McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #62
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger Griffin View Post
I've thought myself from time to time about producing just a highlights clip of a wedding.
Hovering around (as a single camera operator) getting lots of varied shots thoughout the day and within reason building the story as i go. The intention would be to produce a nice highlights clip (5- 10 mins) with editing only taking up a few hours of my time. Charge nearly what Im charging now. Wouldnt that be nice.
What wold be lost would be all that is real. Actual speeches etc but Im not sure the client would care.
I have went mainly to doing exactly this instead of shooting every minute of everything
and giving them a 1 hour ceremony edited between a static wide and my roaming camera,
I now do 'wedding day highlight films'. Way more fun, get to be more creative, less stress
about Aunt May or that one crazy bridesmaid stepping into your shot. You are trying to
catch short moments that can be made into a highlights video. I still try and get audio from
bride and groom as you can underlay some video with their vows or similar sometimes.
Also can do interviews with B&G beforehand and other family members if you want.
I charge just as much as before. And as a single man company, it's easier to film 'highlights'
than to try to capture everything from multiple angles and so on. For me, I was finding that
my clients loved the highlights video, shared it all over Facebook, which got me booking
requests from their friends,and one even had a 'showing'of her video on a fancy home projection
system and invited me, made popcorn and told everyone there how awesome I was. But nothing ever
was given for feedback about the 'documentary edit' except to say that grandma may like
to watch it 'someday'. So I thought just going totally highlights film would work in my market.
But every market is different and judging by what I hear in this forum, it wouldn't fly in
some parts of the world. You have to know your own market well enough to have an
educated guess on that one. Listen to what your clients 'tell' you through feedback
and so on. Pay attention to what they like.
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 03:06 AM   #63
Major Player

Maybe now is the time to do it!
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Palanza View Post
My biggest hurdles I'm finding with taking my videos to the level of these guys/gals...

1: Skilled Second Shooters - I haven't really found too many people who could say, go out and get these incredible shots without me having to storyboard them out or something.
2: Faking it - I find it hard to believe all these amazing videos don't do a lot of "hey hold on, lets redo that one more time, give me more smile okay"
3: Charging for it - Having all the extra gear and skilled hands to use it is going to get expensive.
1. I agree. Very hard to find.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques