DVD and Bluray disc printers - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 25th, 2014, 06:45 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: DVD and Bluray disc printers

I used to print my own on standard printable blanks, then 'graduated' to water shield blanks, but now I use this service to create thermal dye sublimation printed disks and the results are truly amazing!

Because they are local (to me) the turn around time is very quick!

Sublimediscs® - Home

If there's no Internet in Heaven, I'm not going!
Wayne Starick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:29 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Anyone have any pictures of a finished product printed directly from an pixma inkjet or similar? Trying to decide if this is the best route to go?
Derek Neustaeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:54 PM   #18
Major Player

This DVD was printed using the Canon MG5420. I put an original DVD that was previously printed on an Epson R1800 into the MG5420 and it scanned the DVD and printed onto a blank. The main difference in qaulity seems that I used to get a glossy coating on the R1800 DVDs, but the MG5420 doesn't have a gloss ink cartridge, so they are matte finish. I haven't made a DVD yet on this Canon printer by using a printing program.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
DVD and Bluray disc printers-dvd-print-sample.jpg  
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:26 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Root View Post
Epson Artisan 835. Had it for several years now and have literally run hundreds of disks through it (one at a time). Still working great.
I use the same one as well and have had nothing but success for printing disks; however, I do have a major problem with mine when printing to paper. I have a problem with it grabbing three or more pieces of paper instead of just one. This typically happens if I'm printing a document with more than just a couple of pages. I wish I knew what was causing it because it does work well with discs.
Scott Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:36 PM   #20
Major Player

Oh yeah, in terms of printing on paper sometimes it is flakey.

I don't usually have an issue with just regular printer paper, but when I go to print anything special like Photo Matte or Photo Glossy, things go all haywire and a lot of times it misfeeds and comes out slightly crooked. Other times the opposing corner edges get all kinds of color blobs on them.

But discs, always great.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:15 PM   #21
Inner Circle

On my 1400 I've had trouble when I print Jewelbox cases. It's a heavy matte paper and the printer rollers just don't like the paper. It'll pull 1 then unless I wipe the rollers down it doesn't like the 2nd one on. I have given up using the cases, it wasn't worth the hassle and headaches, plus my neighbors got tired of hearing me yell at my printer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques