Interact with arriving guests? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 24th, 2014, 03:53 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Interact with arriving guests?

Another reason I dont interact is because I am socially retarded. Strange I know to be in a job which requires some sort of social skills but for me I just cant talk to new people. Unless Im doing a presentation or training and then I have no problems.

I'm a bit of a mess really.
Old April 24th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #17
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
Another reason I dont interact is because I am socially retarded.
I'm very much in this category too. I think it helps with my style of shooting though as my social retardation has made me quite skilled at being unseen, which is what my clients want.
Brendan McElwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 09:53 AM   #18
Inner Circle

I do guests interview during the day. Its one of the parts that I like to engage people. I will ask them to say blessing to the B&G. Then stir some troubles like asking them to demonstrate a kiss. Then got a lot of funny blooper clips. Here's one. :)

Old April 24th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Taky, I consider myself a friendly and outgoing person, but you take it to the next level, sir. Any one of those conversations was probably more than I do total for the day with all guests combined. So maybe I'm not quite as talkative as I originally thought.
Byron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Haha I will take this as compliment. Well, I have been doing guest interviews for a long time. Still nobody kill me yet :)
Old April 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #21
Major Player

I tend to smile and nod towards the arriving guests, my partner on the other hand, is talking all over her footage complimenting people etc. (hope she doesn't read this) !! I always have enough audio anyway :-)

The area I operate in, is small enough population wise, so its a good chance i would know a number of the guests, sometimes a lot of the guests, this can get problematic at times when people you know come over to shoot the breeze while your working.

I have some hilarious guest interviews too, might put them up sometime.
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #22
Inner Circle

A few years back I did some guest interviews during the reception, just run around with the camera interviewing whoever crossed my path, only, the groom did send his friend with me as the interviewer who I gave a wireless handmicrophone. The guy worked as a dj with a big Belgian radio network and that was one of the best guest interviews I ever recorded, he was just joking around all the time, asking questions about the groom and bride, getting people to laugh and it is was really fun. He did that kind of thing for a living which you could see and interviewing people like that is some advanced socializing which I never will master :) But having that kind of skill takes guest interviews to a whole other level.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Here's another blooper for your viewing pleasure :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques