DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Outsource Editing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/524742-outsource-editing.html)

Aindreas Lynch September 1st, 2014 01:46 PM

Outsource Editing

Hi

Can anyone recommend an editing company that they use?? For pricing reasons I would prefer companies/individuals in India etc? I've used two and they were ok but I'm looking for some recommendations.

James Manford September 1st, 2014 01:53 PM

Re: Outsource Editing

How do you send raw files to them?

Aindreas Lynch September 1st, 2014 02:08 PM

ftp at the moment. 50GB takes about 16 hours and they send the completed project file back to me.

Aindreas Lynch September 3rd, 2014 04:00 AM

Does anybody at all outsource their editing??

Nigel Barker September 3rd, 2014 04:51 AM

We don't but I would be really interested to hear about your experiences of outsourcing editing. What is the cost? What do they deliver?

It's something we have considered as while a highlights video can be quick easy & fun to do plodding through a multicam edit of the ceremony & speeches is tedious & time-consuming. We would typically have a lot more than 50GB though. Our last two weddings I shot in a lightweight minimalist way with two OM-Ds & a GoPro but still had 100+GB of footage.

Roger Van Duyn September 3rd, 2014 07:41 AM

Hi Nigel.

I do a mix of wedding/event/corporate videography. For larger projects with corporate clients, we ship hard drives back and forth. UPS, FEDEX etc. will set up accounts here in the states. All the labels etc. are turn-key operations with drop off shipping points all over the place. It only takes a couple of days for drives to cross the continent, and they can be shipped overnight for a larger fee. OF course, I wouldn't want to ship drives to India, but there are people already doing it.

However, there are probably some excellent video editors in your country having a shortage of their traditional work who could edit your wedding footage according to your instructions, and pricing might not be bad. Sometimes there are meetings of the post pro's, like the Orlando Post Pros about fifty miles away from me. Maybe some of the guys that work for the BBC, cable networks, and studios have meetings near you and you could find someone, or get some referrals, by attending the meetings. There have been layoffs in the industry, and people laid off typically turn to freelancing.

I've picked up some good editing tips the meetings I've attended.

Travis Wilber September 3rd, 2014 05:06 PM

Sham Shaw - dreamtechproductions@gmail.com

I never used him, but the work he showed me looked decent and he was cheap

Aindreas Lynch September 4th, 2014 01:33 AM

I've used Sham already. He's ok but doesn't really listen to direction and tends to do his own thing a little. The timeframe is not great either, can take a few days for a response etc. He is cheap though!!