DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Printer for bluray and dvd (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/525154-printer-bluray-dvd.html)

Jeff Cook September 29th, 2014 05:42 PM

Printer for bluray and dvd

Hello, I am looking for a printer that prints directly to white blank dvd or bluray. I currently have Verbatim dvd. What's the difference between ink jet and laser printers. I would like a reliable printer that does not use up tons of ink ...if that's possible. I am not looking for the top of the line..more or less the middle ground. It needs to work with windows 7 professional. Thanks in advance.

Michael Sims September 29th, 2014 05:53 PM

Re: Printer for bluray and dvd

Epson makes some low cost inkjet printers that will print on CDs and DVDs. Obviously, you have to buy white inkjet ready discs. The printer has a special tray to hold the disc as it goes through the printer.

Chris Harding September 29th, 2014 06:18 PM

Hi Jeff

I have two Epsons the Artisan 725 and 730 and both work well. As for your ink comment forget it!! Inkjet printers are very cheap for a reason! They make their money on the ink not the printer. However I find that you can buy ink sets easily on eBay and around half the retail cost and they last well. Just don't ever buy "compatible" inks if you get an Epson ..make sure its the genuine Claria Ink ...the generic inks give a horrible result!!

Bottom line here is NOT the printer but the ink cartridge availability and cost ....Make sure you get a printer that is easy and cheap to buy ink for not the other way around!

Chris

Peter Rush September 30th, 2014 01:41 AM

I ruined my Epson inkjet using generic cartridges so now have a Canon iP4850 that prints very nicely onto DVD/BD discs - I use the genuine Canon ink all the time and have never had an issue in 2 years.

Pete

John Estcourt September 30th, 2014 02:36 AM

I use a cheap Canon Mg6250 and buy ink from Amazon or other on line retailers, the cheap ink cartridges that come chipped work fine and I have used them for years without any problem.

john

Tariq Peter September 30th, 2014 05:13 AM

Hi,

I use the Canon PIXMA MG5450 and Ink from eBay. It has been solid for a year :) What I would say is clients are generally not that fussed about what is on the actual disc so create a nice simple template that does not drain your ink.

Wolfgang Wally October 2nd, 2014 09:53 AM

I'm using also Canon Pixma iP4500X and ink from a onlineshop, the DVD/BR i used are "Taiyo Yuden Watershield" or "Primeon" - no problem! Also i used the "Disc Publisher Bravo II" for printing and burning when i had to make more Discs from the same Event!

Kyle Root October 2nd, 2014 11:35 AM

Epson Artisan 835 since about 2011. Works great.

JVC TY Watershield discs also.

Leon Bailey October 6th, 2014 02:57 PM

I have the Canon MX922. Great printer! It's a little slow printing I think, but it's great. I got it off of Amazon for about $80 a few months ago.