Printer for bluray and dvd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 29th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Major Player

Printer for bluray and dvd

Hello, I am looking for a printer that prints directly to white blank dvd or bluray. I currently have Verbatim dvd. What's the difference between ink jet and laser printers. I would like a reliable printer that does not use up tons of ink ...if that's possible. I am not looking for the top of the line..more or less the middle ground. It needs to work with windows 7 professional. Thanks in advance.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Printer for bluray and dvd

Epson makes some low cost inkjet printers that will print on CDs and DVDs. Obviously, you have to buy white inkjet ready discs. The printer has a special tray to hold the disc as it goes through the printer.
Michael Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Jeff

I have two Epsons the Artisan 725 and 730 and both work well. As for your ink comment forget it!! Inkjet printers are very cheap for a reason! They make their money on the ink not the printer. However I find that you can buy ink sets easily on eBay and around half the retail cost and they last well. Just don't ever buy "compatible" inks if you get an Epson ..make sure its the genuine Claria Ink ...the generic inks give a horrible result!!

Bottom line here is NOT the printer but the ink cartridge availability and cost ....Make sure you get a printer that is easy and cheap to buy ink for not the other way around!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I ruined my Epson inkjet using generic cartridges so now have a Canon iP4850 that prints very nicely onto DVD/BD discs - I use the genuine Canon ink all the time and have never had an issue in 2 years.

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:36 AM   #5
Major Player

I use a cheap Canon Mg6250 and buy ink from Amazon or other on line retailers, the cheap ink cartridges that come chipped work fine and I have used them for years without any problem.

john
Old September 30th, 2014, 05:13 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi,

I use the Canon PIXMA MG5450 and Ink from eBay. It has been solid for a year :) What I would say is clients are generally not that fussed about what is on the actual disc so create a nice simple template that does not drain your ink.
Tariq Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #7
New Boot

I'm using also Canon Pixma iP4500X and ink from a onlineshop, the DVD/BR i used are "Taiyo Yuden Watershield" or "Primeon" - no problem! Also i used the "Disc Publisher Bravo II" for printing and burning when i had to make more Discs from the same Event!
Old October 2nd, 2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Major Player

Epson Artisan 835 since about 2011. Works great.

JVC TY Watershield discs also.
Old October 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I have the Canon MX922. Great printer! It's a little slow printing I think, but it's great. I got it off of Amazon for about $80 a few months ago.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques