Love Story With A Twist - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:12 AM   #16
Wrangler

Hey Mark- have you heard which ones the Goolby's liked the best?
Old October 14th, 2005, 06:37 AM   #17
Major Player

[QUOTE=Mark Von Lanken]Hi Craig,

We have been there. I don't think there's an easy answer. We really tried to do Love Stories for a few years with very little response, then all of the sudden they really took off about 4 years ago. Some years we do a lot and other years a little.

Here's a couple of questions. Do you have more than one style of Love Story to show your clients? Where are you pricing the Love Stories.
QUOTE]

I don't have more than one love story because the initial consolations (love story aside) already run about 70-90mins and they usually don't plan to be there longer.

I've offered the love story for $500 knowing that with the amount of time involved (camera & edit time) - it would not be worth it. I've also offered to practically give it away just so I have it as another sales tool. Again, I would say half react very well to the sample (laughter, smiles, "aaawwee", and warm comments about the couple), then the other half react well but when I even suggest the possibility of them doing their own - there's fear in their eyes and I get comments like "no way" "uuut aaah" and "I could never get Jim to do that..." -stuff like that. And when I get consultations with just Bride & Mom - forget it. If the groom was so detached to not even bother to meet with the video guy or the photo guy - I don't make the futile attempt. I think that approx 1/3 of my customers are quite young and still a bit immature (19-22). Either the long-term value of it escapes them or they feel as though they would be subjecting themselves to public speaking.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques