USB Flash Drives from China? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 19th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #1
New Boot

USB Flash Drives from China?

Hey guys,

Anyone had any experience ordering from China? Some time ago I had a few quotes for 16gb drives with company logo printed, and ordering from China was going to be significantly cheaper than local companies (who most likely get them from China). Wondering if anyone has tried getting directly through Alibaba.com and had any luck with any particular suppliers.
Stevan Ostojic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: USB Flash Drives from China?

I have read about issues with a lower capacity on teh sticks then advertised but I would rather buy from a local source, it might be they get them from China as well but if something is not as agreed it's just a cardrive away to complain and get the sticks exchanged instead of a email communication with someone on the other side of the world that doesn't understand english that well.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 05:18 AM   #3
Major Player

I think pretty much all sticks come from china.

The Flashbay ones we ordered here in the UK came direct from china or hong kong. Somewhere not in the UK :)

If you can get a working sample unit and give it a good test, make sure it stands up to your usage in both build and function.
Old November 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm actually about to head out to the courier depot just now to collect my USBs from Flashbay! Excited!
Very prompt turn around time too might I add!
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques