Creative shots with gopro type cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Major Player

Creative shots with gopro type cameras

I have used my sony cam on the top of my car for a few shots. I did this one shot where I was heading straight on to the church. The shot looked pretty cool..kinda like a large dolly shot. I am trying to get ideas so I can utilize it a bit more. What have you shot with your gopro type cam?
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Creative shots with gopro type cameras

I did the same recently - the groom and ushers etc left from a farm on the back of a tractor so i fastened it to the front of my car and followed them - a really nice shot, also I pulled up on the road a few times and the camera got them going past - worked really well.

I also sometimes put it on the end of a fully extended monopod with a light and hang it right over the dancefloor looking down - can be quite dramatic but you need a packed dancefloor for it to work. If it's not then the wide angle makes the dancers look pretty sparce!

I filmed a chef competition recently and had it on a small slik table top tripod as the chef's were prepping facing a wall, so it worked well just moving it around to get where I couldn't. I also folded the legs like a mini monopod and did some hand held shots that worked quite well, getting over the heads of the chefs and getting all the pans steaming and bubbling! - all the while hooked to a little 5" monitor.

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques