Digital Delivery with DVD Style Menu in Flash Drive - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 6th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Digital Delivery with DVD Style Menu in Flash Drive

There is this thing called OTG cable (On The Go) for a $1 It's for Android that you can plug in a USB stick and it will show up as a drive. Now they also have OTG cable for iOS. It's about $10. Yeah it's 10 times more expensive. But Apple users all get used to over pay. I'm sure it will be okay :D
Old April 6th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #32
Major Player

Chris,
I have only Android devices. Everyone else in the family has iPhones, and I realized after I posted that USB wouldn't work for them. Thanks for correcting my oversight.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 06:06 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Think nothing of it Denis ..the media supply is a bit of a nightmare already anyway with VP's insisting on just supplying Bluray disks and not DVD's and, of course. the poor bride only has a DVD player which does play the BD disk then you have the bride who has a USB and her flat screen TV has no USB input and of course grandparents can easily be "technically behind" so they would often not be able to play

It really is a dilemma to know what to supply to brides nowdays that you know will make her life easy.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Take: I can't open your demo on my macbook air.... it ask for a flash missing plug in in order to play it...which is something I don't want to install in my mac .... just to let you know ....

regards
Old April 6th, 2016, 11:34 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Enrique Orozco Robles

Which link you are refering to?

You can take a look at this link for a full wedding that i delivered.

http://lacolormedia.com/Surani-Milan

Last edited by Taky Cheung; April 7th, 2016 at 02:28 AM.
Taky Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 01:34 AM   #36
Inner Circle

I'm not sure how you guys get your main wedding film into 4GB? - my HD films are about 30 minutes and at a target bitrate of 32 Mbps as recommended by Premiere are coming in at 8.5GB

Pete
Peter Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 02:30 AM   #37
Inner Circle

file size is determined by bit rate. 32mbps is a little bit too high I would say. I do Target 12, max 16. a 45 minutes clip is about 3.9GB.
Old April 7th, 2016, 06:01 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Hey Pete

I also think 32mbps is over the top. Mine actually look stunning on a 42" TV done as low as 8 mbps and Sony Vegas has a default bitrate of 16 so what Taky says is correct ... around 12 is more than ample and it will save you buying bigger USB drives too! I upload my online videos also at 8mbps which is more than likely a bit over the top. Try doing a short clip once at 32mbps, once at 16 mbps and once at 8mbps and watch on a decent TV and decide for yourself whether you are encoding too high or not? Even 4 mbps is going to look better than an SD DVD but sometimes I wonder if the bride even cares?? Most seem to still use the SD DVD rather than the USB drive and if they select the USB they will then stick it into a laptop with a 12" screen and tinny internal speakers ..so frustrating!!!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Just as reference, 1080p uploaded to Vimeo requires more than 10mbps. But no matter how high the bit rate is, Vimeo will transcode it to around 10mbps for streaming purpose.
Old April 12th, 2016, 01:50 AM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
Just as reference, 1080p uploaded to Vimeo requires more than 10mbps. But no matter how high the bit rate is, Vimeo will transcode it to around 10mbps for streaming purpose.
A couple of years ago Vimeo bit rate for both 1080p & 720p was 5Mbps.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques