These knee pads work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:29 AM   #1
Major Player

These knee pads work

I recently bought some keep pads that can be placed under my pants. They have alot of cushion and work very well. They are very reasonably priced as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HXE5AG0
I wore them the entire day and was on the floor alot. Check them out. Thought I would pass them along.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:04 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: These knee pads work

Hi Jeff

I know I shouldn't ask this but what are you actually doing on your knees anyway?? I don't think I do any shots on my knees but the photog I sometimes work with kneels in the aisle so I can see the point for photography but for video???

Please enlighten me

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:58 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I was actually thinking of getting one of these, because of my back I need to kneel down on one knee to get stuff out of my backpack and it always hurts on hard floors,
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 06:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Jeff

I know I shouldn't ask this but what are you actually doing on your knees anyway?? I don't think I do any shots on my knees but the photog I sometimes work with kneels in the aisle so I can see the point for photography but for video???

Please enlighten me

Chris
I get low during the ceremony, and I also shoot from below for a tad during the first dance and parent dances. I also like other low angle shots. Plus, I had meniscus surgery last year on my right knee. All the years of being a news videographer has put strain on my knees.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Thanks Jeff

That's where the film cameras with a waist level viewfinder were so cool. You could still stand up and hold the camera down at your waist and frame and shoot. No kneeling required and you still get a low angle shot

If you had something like the Panasonic GH series they have LCD's that can twist ...Hmmm a waist EVF would be cool for our DSLR cameras!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:05 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Chris, at many weddings here it is best to get down low during the processional so as to not block the view of the groom. If I were to stand (at some weddings) I would be standing directly in front of the groom, which would be rude and instrusive.

Many photographers here, especially for formal catholic masses, kneel down, it's about respect for the mass and keeping a low profile.

I'm 59 and do not enjoy kneeling, but frequently find it necessary.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; February 4th, 2015 at 11:11 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #7
Trustee

Taking footage of kids is another one. Whenever possible, I try to get down to their height rather than look at them from an adult's point of view.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques