DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Example footage from an Indian Wedding I filmed (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/526833-example-footage-indian-wedding-i-filmed.html)

Travis Heberling February 11th, 2015 03:28 PM

Example footage from an Indian Wedding I filmed

Hello!

I shot my first week long Indian wedding at the end of last year.

I took some bits and pieces from it and put it into a sample reel. (This is by no ways a finished edit, just an example of some of the footage)

I would love some feedback as I continue to improve my skills for the future! =D

Noa Put February 11th, 2015 03:49 PM

Re: Example footage from an Indian Wedding I filmed

The images look nice but the music you used feels totally disconnected, I saw there was some live music playing around 00:35, could you have not used that? I have done a Turkish wedding last year and there was some traditional music played, nothing that was copyrighted so I could just use it for my trailer online or maybe you could buy some licensed Indian music?

What's absent now is the "mood", how it feels like to be on that wedding, I also see that speeches where recorded, that's something I missed as well as they can tell a story about the couple, are you planning on using this a trailer on your website?

Travis Heberling February 11th, 2015 03:53 PM

Maybe I didnt specify enough that this isnt a final edit, just a collection of some of the footage =)

Still waiting on a few things from the couple so no finished edit yet.

Noa Put February 11th, 2015 04:08 PM

ah ok, don't mind me then :)

James Redmond February 11th, 2015 04:11 PM

You wanted feedback: To me the music and the video had no relationship. 1. You are using western music for an Indian event. 2. I want to hear the natural sound of alot of your shots. 3. The video looked fine.

Good luck with it. James

James Manford February 14th, 2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Redmond (Post 1876473)
You wanted feedback: To me the music and the video had no relationship. 1. You are using western music for an Indian event. 2. I want to hear the natural sound of alot of your shots. 3. The video looked fine.

Good luck with it. James

I've mentioned a few times that i've done south asian weddings on this board. You would be surprised ... many couples now prefer 'western' music as well as bollywood songs. They feel it contributes towards making it less cheesy overall as most traditional indian wedding videos always use random bollywood songs which go down fine with the parents but not so much with the children raised in the west.

I thought the song used was fine. Sounds like a bollywood instrumental ... may be overlay the sounds of the dhol players and people making noise/dancing over the instrumental as well?

You will obviously be creating a lengthy video as well as the highlights considering the amount of footage captured over the week so a mix of everything will always go down nicely with the couple and their family.

Adrian Tan February 15th, 2015 02:31 PM

Hi Travis, given that it's not an edit as such, but a collection of raw footage, it's tricky to give any meaningful feedback! What sorts of things are you interested in comments on?

I suppose two very minor things I noticed (that no bride is going to notice) are: during the ritual where they daub the groom with paint, it looks like two different makes of cameras were used (or, at any rate, different settings) -- colours of the wider angle and sharpness seem different to the close-up.

During dancing later on, looks like there's some handheld shake there.