My USB packaging. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 2nd, 2016, 03:15 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: My USB packaging.

I'd appreciate it, I can find generic boxes, but even Flashbay.com who makes the wafers, doesn't offer a nice wedding style case. I found a place in Switzerland, but waiting to hear back for sure. I haven't found any US suppliers of a wafer case that looks like a wedding.
Old June 3rd, 2016, 04:29 AM   #17
Major Player

http://www.albumplus.es/descargas/Ca...lus2015-16.pdf

Caja Tarjeta

It's not the best photo.
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2016, 07:22 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Thanks Andrew, I ran across them in my search, I contacted them to see if they can help. (after Chrome translated the page ofcourse.)
Old June 4th, 2016, 08:21 PM   #19
Trustee

Great Job Clive! That screams class and professional presentation. You are a far cry ahead of saying "your video is ready, go here to download it". I would put a couple of business cards in the box under the cardboard holder so they could be found later after they pull the jump drive out.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old June 5th, 2016, 04:14 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Looking good folks. Agonised over packaging myself recently and settled on a DVD/USB combo. My films are still long form with short highlights but I intend to work on a short form version of things and push that so I can get a better quality onto the USB. Here's what I have just now.
Old June 5th, 2016, 04:18 AM   #21
Regular Crew

hmmmm. pics didn't upload......
Old June 5th, 2016, 04:24 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Here we go......
Attached Thumbnails
My USB packaging.-img_3255-.jpg   My USB packaging.-img_3257-.jpg  

Old June 6th, 2016, 09:44 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin View Post
Just wanted to know what you thought. Took some inspiration from Danny @Mintyslippers and decided to go about creating a unique deliverable that only my clients will have. A lot of time and effort, but I think it's worth it. Social media have seemed to be impressed thus far.

If you are taking £1000/1500 per wedding, surely £10/15 per client on their physical product is reasonable?

I sourced the boxes, the insert and the USB all from separate companies.

What do you guys think?
Found your boxing via...

https://www.google.com/search?q=usb+...nY_ndoLzsUM%3A
Old June 6th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Value for money is always increased multiple times over if the bride receives a well presented physical product ... These guys in the UK have some nice products Prestigious Disc & USB Combination Cases - Presentation Flash Drive / Cases

If you can grab some stills off the video or even take some yourself then I have seen some really neat albums that allow for photos on half a dozen pages and then a mounting space for disks and USB's ...long gone are the days when your bride was presented with a huge white album box and opened it to find a white linen album wrapped in tissue paper ... It might sound corny but the perceived value to the bride increases massively if you take a bit of time and present an impressive looking product and not just a USB tossed into an envelope!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 06:44 AM   #25
Inner Circle

I've spent the past week trying to find a distributor for printing packaging for the credit card drive, and most everything I find is over seas. My normal printer doesn't have anything creative, most US printers have basic usb boxes.
Old June 7th, 2016, 08:53 AM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Value for money is always increased multiple times over if the bride receives a well presented physical product ... These guys in the UK have some nice products Prestigious Disc & USB Combination Cases - Presentation Flash Drive / Cases

It might sound corny but the perceived value to the bride increases massively if you take a bit of time and present an impressive looking product and not just a USB tossed into an envelope!!
Thanks Chris for the link. Its something I've been thinking of. Its expensive, but as you say, its value to customers can't be overlooked.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #27
Major Player

Those are some nice boxes. Ours are always well received.

For those who print their own custom boxes or cases you really can save time and get a better image by just using a branded Disk and packaging. We get them printed in bulk and it saves so much time than doing layouts and printing. Its only ever a unique selling point if you make it one.
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:45 AM   #28
Major Player

This year, I decided to try the Asukabook DVD presentation books (they also make USB, but I'm still doing DVD delivery).

They're a little pricey at about $70/each for the book, but I think this will be a unique way to give the DVD to them. I use the 12-page album option, and simply drag and drop some of the photographers photos in there.

Professional DVD Presentation Book for Images, Presentations and Slideshows | AsukaBook USA

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques