DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   My USB packaging. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/527064-my-usb-packaging.html)

Clive McLaughlin February 27th, 2015 11:10 AM

My USB packaging.

6 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to know what you thought. Took some inspiration from Danny @Mintyslippers and decided to go about creating a unique deliverable that only my clients will have. A lot of time and effort, but I think it's worth it. Social media have seemed to be impressed thus far.

If you are taking £1000/1500 per wedding, surely £10/15 per client on their physical product is reasonable?

I sourced the boxes, the insert and the USB all from separate companies.

What do you guys think?

Steven Davis February 27th, 2015 11:15 AM

Re: My USB packaging.

I really like it. Will you vary it between projects? I've thought about going to usb delivery, but I'm not sure what the market would think about it.

Clive McLaughlin February 27th, 2015 11:17 AM

Its definitely the smart way to go STteven, it's just the clients don't know it. That's why I made a video presenting my USB product which explains the benefits and uses of USB. I'm pretty sure I'll win the clients over!

Steven Davis February 27th, 2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin (Post 1878141)
Its definitely the smart way to go STteven, it's just the clients don't know it. That's why I made a video presenting my USB product which explains the benefits and uses of USB. I'm pretty sure I'll win the clients over!

That's pretty smart. I've been shooting long form and adding a cinematic short on the end for ever, but I'm trying to move more towards something that is not so long, so that might be easier to put on a thumb drive.

Clive McLaughlin February 27th, 2015 12:08 PM

Steven, I was in that boat too. I decided to run two packages side by side. New package being 20min film, 4min highlights and Speeches. I then emailed all my long-form clients to let them know. AT least 90% of them opted to switch to the shorter package. I then decided the time was right to scrap the long form pacagae.

I was shocked, but glad! You might be surprised yourself!

Kyle Root February 27th, 2015 12:51 PM

That's slick man. Will you share your sourcing the materials? lol

Anthony McErlean March 2nd, 2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin (Post 1878136)
Just wanted to know what you thought.

Hi Clive, its a good idea going USB delivery, what's the feedback like from the brides?
I wouldn't get anything near those prices unfortunately :(

Presentation - that looks good to me Clive.

Leon Bailey March 4th, 2015 06:30 PM

I like it! Looks real clean. I offer USB as well, but not strictly. Comes with certain packages.

Nate Haustein March 4th, 2015 06:34 PM

Really nice.

With all the time that goes into designing (and cutting out!) DVD labels and jackets, surely the premium price for this little package is worth it - though I suppose you need to order them up 100 at a time...

Steven Davis June 1st, 2016 10:54 AM

I still like this packaging. I'm considering wafer drives atm and having a fit trying to find a box that will fit it.

Nathan Buck June 1st, 2016 03:55 PM

I like it. I just whack a USB in a Jiffy bag and stick it in the post! I guess I could pass it off as 'hipster'? Haha.

Seriously though now that I have some branding sorted I need to work on my delivery!

Pete Cofrancesco June 1st, 2016 04:30 PM

I get the feeling Clive must love bacon

Andrew Maclaurin June 2nd, 2016 06:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is our second season using USBs. They have been well received. We have a box with our logo as well but I don't have one at hand.

Steven Davis June 2nd, 2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Maclaurin (Post 1915646)
This is our second season using USBs. They have been well received. We have a box with our logo as well but I don't have one at hand.

Hey Andrew,

I've been looking all week for a box that would secure the wafer drive, if I could ask, where did you find yours, you can msg me if you want to.

Andrew Maclaurin June 2nd, 2016 03:01 PM

Hi Steven,
we have a supplier here in Spain who hand makes them for 10€ each box. The box is about 15x15cm and 3cm deep. I'm not sure if it would be worth your while getting these boxes sent to the USA. I can look into it next week if you want.