Baby shower at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 13th, 2015, 02:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Baby shower

Good morning
Sorry for my question but tomorrow I have a baby shower at one of my friends house.
This will be my first one and I have no idea what to expect.
I'm orthodox and we don't have this kind of events in our "repertoire".
My friend told me not to worry when asked about this.......I guess it's like a secret party,or something.
What's the important things that I have to focus on?
Thanks
Old March 13th, 2015, 02:46 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Baby shower

Quote:
What's the important things that I have to focus on?
Assure your camera is waterproof :)

Seriously though, contact your friend again to give you the details you need, he knows but doesn't seem to find it important enough to share that with you. The fact that you ask it here means you want to be prepared, explain that to your friend or that you otherwise can't promise a good video. It's not that there is a babyshower textbook that explains the rules and probably every family might do a it a bit differently.

I have the same problem when I have to work for weddingclients that have different culture where I don't have any experience with, when I ask about the specifics on certain traditions their reaction is almost always also a bit like your friend, it's no big deal, it's nothing special etc until I arrive at their weddingday and it's one surprise after the next. Now I ask for every single detail or otherwise I"m not shooting the wedding, there is nothing so irritating in having to shoot unprepared.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2015, 04:36 AM   #3
Trustee

Eugen! Hi,
A baby shower is like a girls get together with drinks canopies food fun and games. Party type things and lots going on , work of the fly with a mono-pod as its quick and gets fast. Guests will be bringing presents and all other stuff. So you will have lots to take in. Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for your time!
You guys are awesome.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques