Audio Drifting Out Of Sync - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 7th, 2015, 12:41 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Audio Drifting Out Of Sync

Yes Premiere can do much the same as Vegas by setting timeline to audio clock rate and the audio can then be moved or trimmed. However the waveforms are terrible compared to Vegas to the point it is difficult to see what one is doing and clock correction as stated is by inputing numbers also making sure to set "maintain audio pitch " etc. Better to export to audition but then the sync comparison is lost. Vegas is done with the mouse very visible with nice clear waveforms. I have CS6 Suite but never use Premier, Edius is much like Premiere in its dealing with audio by the numbers. None are perfect. Edius is by far the fastest processing for video, Vegas for multi channel audio linked to video.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #17
Major Player

I think it would be a little tricky to see exactly how many frames each recorder has drifted unless you use an audio slate like clapping before and after each ceremony. I'm certain I would forget to do this about half the time because there's so much going on after each ceremony.

Isn't there some 3rd party program that will do all this for you? (PluralEyes 3.5 is supposed to but I've had terrible luck with it) I'm on Mac so I don't think I can even run Edius or Vegas but I would think some small company would have created a very simple program just for this.
Michael Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Silverman View Post
I think it would be a little tricky to see exactly how many frames each recorder has drifted unless you use an audio slate like clapping before and after each ceremony.
Maybe it's me, but I find seeing drift in waveforms fairly trivial, so it's pretty obvious when something has drifted. It's also obvious when you start to hear the echo from a source that's drifted too if you have more than one source active.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques