DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Dance Recital - Rolling vs. Cross-dissolve credits (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/528473-dance-recital-rolling-vs-cross-dissolve-credits.html)

Vince Pachiano May 19th, 2015 06:49 PM

Dance Recital - Rolling vs. Cross-dissolve credits

When I PP my Dance Recitals, I have a title-card at the beginning of each dance.
It contains the name of the Dance, and the participants.
If there are 8 or less participants, I can get them all onto one screen.
If there are more, I use 2 separate titles, and cross-dissolve between them.

I'm now considering having rolling-credits instead, and am interested in anybody's opinion.

Gary Huff May 19th, 2015 06:59 PM

Re: Dance Recital - Rolling vs. Cross-dissolve credits

My personal taste is simply the basic title card and not the scroll.

Tom Sessions May 19th, 2015 09:37 PM

Reduce the font size...problem solved.

David Stoneburner May 20th, 2015 08:01 AM

Have you thought of listing the dance and dancers in a crawl at the bottom of the screen? That way you can get right into the dance and your viewers don't have to wait for the title screen to end to watch their dance. I have done that and put it on the lower third. I have finally went to to just the name of the dance and choreographer and stopped putting the dancers names. No complaints and it's very clean.

Vince Pachiano May 20th, 2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Stoneburner (Post 1887096)
Have you thought of listing the dance and dancers in a crawl at the bottom of the screen? That way you can get right into the dance and your viewers don't have to wait for the title screen to end to watch their dance. I have done that and put it on the lower third. I have finally went to to just the name of the dance and choreographer and stopped putting the dancers names. No complaints and it's very clean.

I prefer the separate Title-card. The individual dances are often very diverse, and the 9-second pause between routines helps reset the viewer. During the Credits, I play a snippet of the upcoming song to help set the scene.

Kyle Root May 21st, 2015 12:39 PM

Wow, I've never done anything like that.... or even thought about it.

I just cut dance to dance with a cross dissolve.

There's an intro title screen for the DVD menu, and that's all I do.

IMO, too many opportunities for mistakes with names / formatting etc. to make it worth while.

James E. Thomas May 21st, 2015 04:11 PM

I would have to charge more per DVD if I did that, I always assume the parents are the major buyers and they know what dance their kid performed in, I do a menu for all the performances and fade to black between the dances.