Philadelphia? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 7th, 2015, 07:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Philadelphia?

Hi all.

Any videographers or photographers from Philadelphia here?

I am planning to relocate myself there, so I was looking for some feed back on our field, also I will be available for edits or second shooter.

any one?

thanks
Old August 7th, 2015, 07:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Philadelphia?

I'm here, not sure what info you're really looking for?! Being the 5th largest metro it's obviously pretty competitive. Travel typically goes west to Harrisburg & East to the shore, north to Central Jersey before you hit the NYC market & south to Maryland/Delaware. Some photographers have moved down from NYC. There's a few boutique studios which I've heard mixed things about, and then solo shooters & independants. As with anywhere, prices range from very high, to mid, to low. Center City weddings are popular, which are great due to the urban scenery, but parking fees &/or walking numerous blocks can take a toll on ya during the day. You'll shoot at the Art Museum (Rocky steps), South Broad Street, and Love park before you know it.

Oh yeah, hit up Wawa late night:)
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey David.

thanks a lot. Hope we meet if i decide to move there.
Old August 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM   #4
Major Player

Likewise. If you have questions about where to live/move etc feel free to write me. There's a decent forum Philadelphiaspeaks.com which is helpful as well. A bit more micro-neighborhood related, but there's some general info sections as well. Out of curiosity, why u moving here, family/friends here? Overall it's relatively affordable, not like NYC, SF, Boston or Miami etc from what I hear..
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Regular Crew

wrote u couple of emails here.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques