Stuck at a Price Point - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 24th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Stuck at a Price Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Paynter View Post
If you don't like what you are doing, then no amount of money will be right. You may be stuck because you need the money but hate the job. Ultimately, the burn-out factor will show through and you will lose bookings over time anyway.

Suggest you hire an assistant who can start stepping into your wedding business so you can concentrate on greener pastures. You might also consider selling the wedding end of the business which would give you a little funding while the new segment takes off. allAs suggested by others, a slight increase in price may allow you to pay that assistant and make an extra buck on the videos as well.

On the other hand, if you really like what you are doing, you could do half the number of videos at twice the price and avoid the burnout effect. It is never that easy, of course, and price increases need to be gradual. I find people with a lot of money won't hire a person who charges too little for the lack of perceived value. At the same time, there are not as many of these wealthy individuals so one is left with lots of work at a cheap price or significantly less work at a much higher price.

Fortunately, I still enjoy the work. No burnout here! I simply can't keep the volume up. So I have taken the advice of a few people here and modified my packages/prices to reflect a higher price point, but more value as a result. The increase in price is also reflecting the use of an assistant for a couple hours as well. I'll give this new price point a trial run for the next couple of months and see what happens!
Ian Atkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques