DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Full film online how (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/529383-full-film-online-how.html)

Steve Bleasdale August 11th, 2015 11:23 AM

Full film online how

My client loves our latest film and wants to send to family online four different countries. Anyone sending full Films on line. Steve

Daniel James August 11th, 2015 02:42 PM

Re: Full film online how

Hi Steve

How big is the file? Onedrive is pretty good for sharing, as it has a good built in media player.

Steve Bleasdale August 11th, 2015 02:57 PM

Hi Daniel about a hour long movie

Jim Michael August 11th, 2015 03:05 PM

With Vimeo Pro you can set up a private viewing area for your customer. They will have a dedicated site with their own password.

Steve Bleasdale August 11th, 2015 03:21 PM

Ok Jim i will look into that one. cheers

Taky Cheung August 11th, 2015 11:15 PM

Vimeo Plus is enough for that is your video file is less than 5gb.

Then you can create chapter mark using description. Such as

1:31 Grand Entrance
5:24 First Dance

They will become clickable link when viewing from Vimeo.

Steve Bleasdale August 12th, 2015 12:52 AM

Thanks Taky i don't use any chapters at all and vimeo pro is £160 a year, so for a couple of video uses there must be another way surely without laying out £160. Thanks anyway

Steve Bleasdale August 12th, 2015 12:55 AM

Mmm actually i have now put that into my sales, full films sent anywhere in the world providing they have the vimeo account for a small fee. I am sure i will get my money back soon? Anyone else doing this? steve

Taky Cheung August 12th, 2015 08:56 AM

Vimeo Plus is only US$5 a month. No need to charge your customer to view.

Viewers do not need vimeo account. You can also set the option to let them download.

If a film is hour long, i would add some chapter mark.

Steve Bleasdale August 12th, 2015 03:15 PM

Am I missing something you said vimeo pro now it's vimeo plus??

Taky Cheung August 12th, 2015 03:28 PM

I'm sorry. Its a typo. Vimeo plus is enough. Only $5 a month. 5GB upload limit per week.

Steve Bleasdale August 12th, 2015 03:57 PM

Yes I have. Been doing that for 6 years but I cannotvupload a full film for some reason?

Taky Cheung August 12th, 2015 06:03 PM

How big is your file ?

If you have dropbox, you can upload from Dropbox to Vimeo. Takes 2 seconds.

Chris Harding August 12th, 2015 07:06 PM

Hey Steve

You can put videos longer than 15 minutes on You Tube ..All you have to do is verify your account usually with a mobile/cell number and it's done and free too! The other way I have seen complete movies on YT is to break them up into Part1, Part2 etc etc That would probably be a better bet anyway so if people didn't want to watch a boring Father of the Bride 22 minute speech they could just ignore it. On YT you can also create new sections just for a specific "series" like a full movie. For me that would firstly be free and secondly give overseas viewers the option of watching just what they want to rather than having to sit though a hour of video!! Being part of Google now, You Tube would give viewers a better connection as it has more mirrors in more countries! I often find even here vimeo videos need lots of buffering if uploaded in the USA but You Tube are a lot smoother!!

Chris

Steve Bleasdale August 13th, 2015 02:07 AM

Thanks Chris, can i have a password though on you tube for the client only? Thanks Tacky will try that dropbox