What to do at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 8th, 2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Inner Circle

What to do

Well, I have a few of these audio issues from the live band, and I thought about just trying to cut out the bass peaking, (base guitar), but then I thought I may be able to just clip it and take all the lows out it.
Attached Files
File Type: wav 150829 Sawyer Chifunda Ceremony.wav (1.64 MB, 94 views)
Old September 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: What to do

No suggestions? Clipping and taking the lows out momentarily will certainly make it less objectionable. But I just quickly tried something else on your sample in Audacity and it sounded okay to me. I blanked out the offending part (about 5.3s in) and replaced with a _reversed_ version of the same length of audio immediately before, which is just the crowd laughing and clapping. Reversed because repeating the exact same sound is instantly recognizable. If that doesn't sound smooth enough to you then copy a little more than the same amount of time of the crowd sound and smoothly cross-fade the ends into the original audio. Of course, if you have to preserve intelligible speech in the background this technique won't work.

Last edited by Alen Koebel; September 11th, 2015 at 02:08 PM.
Alen Koebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2015, 03:55 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: What to do

Alen, in the instance you refer to, I would do exactly the same as you, excellent idea!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques