DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Don't you just love it! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/529739-dont-you-just-love.html)

Peter Rush September 14th, 2015 05:29 AM

Don't you just love it!

4th time this year - commentary by me :)

password: weddingcar

Noa Put September 14th, 2015 05:32 AM

Re: Don't you just love it!

I take it you are not going to use the live sound in their film? :)

Peter Rush September 14th, 2015 05:35 AM

Not for that bit Noa ;)

Clive McLaughlin September 14th, 2015 05:59 AM

"hey look theres a church - looks like something is happening"
"I hear church bells"
"Look at those guys with cameras pointing them down the road"
"I wonder what that's all about... anyway, I better keep going up this road!"

Chris Harding September 14th, 2015 06:33 AM

Nice one Pete!

I always wonder how you guys manage to drive on those narrow roads ... They are featured quite a lot on UK movies where the police are screaming up a narrow country lane and come face to face with a farmer and his massive tractor!!

Was that actually a two way road by any chance or was the black car taking a chance and going the wrong way?? .. He drives quite well in reverse!! If we get a situation like that we get the wedding car to also reverse all the way back and re-film it .. and they are quite happy for us to do a re-take too!!

Peter Rush September 14th, 2015 06:41 AM

It's a two way road Chris - very common to be that narrow in my neck of the woods

Steve Burkett September 14th, 2015 07:15 AM

So envious of Chris' Wedding experiences. Wide roads and opportunities for the car to reverse and re-take the shot. Usually here the car arrives late and the Vicar wants the Bride out as quickly as possible, so they can start the service. Okay churches aren't quite as bad as civil ceremonies when it comes to late Brides, but unless the car arrives early, re-takes are usually not possible.

I've had many shots spoiled by such things. Its uncanny that as soon as I get my camera out, theres always someone or something there to ruin the shot. Filming opening shots of the church and a quiet country road will suddenly become the through route for dozens of cars. You start thinking that they're all stacked up at one end of the road awaiting the signal that says the Videographers in place trying to get a shot of the church - right go go go.

Peter Rush September 14th, 2015 07:39 AM

This was just the day before yesterday - the bride was over 20 minutes late - and it was raining - nice!

Steve Bleasdale September 14th, 2015 08:22 AM

Yes that's just about every f....g week Pete...or the other day a big huge farm tractor.......

Jeff Pulera September 14th, 2015 08:32 AM

That's a scene from "Death at a Funeral" (2007)

Jeff

Chris Harding September 14th, 2015 08:37 AM

Without any doubt, my favourite movie!! I have a DVD copy (the original UK version though!! as they also made a US version which was not nearly as good) I have watched it many times and still can't stop laughing!!! If you haven't seen it you don't know what you are missing!!!

Nigel Barker September 14th, 2015 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Rush (Post 1898071)
It's a two way road Chris - very common to be that narrow in my neck of the woods

There would be plenty of room for two cars to pass if those idiotic guests attending the wedding hadn't parked their cars all down one side of the road.

Paul R Johnson September 14th, 2015 12:10 PM

Norfolk and Suffolk have these kinds of roads everywhere. We have sat nav that send people down amazingly narrow roads with passing places. And even the main A roads often have miles of queuing traffic behind a tractor. 40 miles can easily take 90 minutes. We even have 40 miles of single carriageway road with a 60mph speed limit, and then one single bit of dual carriageway, with a 50mph speed limit and a speed camera. That's the east coast for you!