Any reason why I shouldn't buy a 7D2 for dedicated steadicam camera? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 29th, 2015, 12:38 AM   #31
Trustee

Re: Any reason why I shouldn't buy a 7D2 for dedicated steadicam camera?

I also agree with Noa that a Sony A6000 might be a great choice along with the Sony 10-18mm.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 04:27 AM   #32
Trustee

Cheers Chris, the footage looks good with the one you have, i will probably get another HD glide cam 4000 then, all these electric gimbals seem to be fads and seem to all have issues. Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale View Post
Cheers Chris, the footage looks good with the one you have, i will probably get another HD glide cam 4000 then, all these electric gimbals seem to be fads and seem to all have issues. Steve
Speak for yourself. I've been using mine since August and whilst the first had to be returned in July as it was damaged in post from Italy, the replacement has performed flawlessly in 13 Weddings, a music video and Birthday Party. I can attach a camera and have it running in 1-2 minutes depending on conditions and its been a superb addition to my kit. No obvious jitter. I confess I never did get the hang of balancing and using my glidecam and it wasn't helped by windy conditions when I tried to use it outside. Consequently it was one bit of kit never used beyond initial trials at home. Gimbal though has been a dream to use. Unlike others, mine allows me to use my camera touch screen flipped out and I can even adjust focus on the fly without any problems.

Fad or innovation; stabilisers will be evolving and new equipment will always find new ways to get stable footage.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:32 AM   #34
Trustee

Which gimbal have you got Steve?
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:11 AM   #35
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale View Post
Which gimbal have you got Steve?
Mini Sturdy Fight. I admit when buying it I had some trepidation as like you heard the feedback on others, and the fact the first one I had, failed to perform as was faulty hardly dissuaded such doubts. I think it was Noa who suggested I maybe surprised when I received the replacement and sure enough I was.

Of course it doesn't stop it failing in the future, but so far its delivering the results.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 03:10 PM   #36
Trustee

ok will look at that, i have narrowed down to came tv Steadicam at moment, so will check that out
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques