DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   What's up with Facebook? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/531351-whats-up-facebook.html)

Rickey Brillantes March 7th, 2016 07:33 PM

What's up with Facebook?

I have a business page in FB and also a personal page, A while back I could share a video from vimeo to my personal page timeline, yes it shows on my timeline but not on the RS feed. It will show up for a while once shared, but good luck, you'll never find it again. Are any of you experiencing this?

iClickFilms.com

Tim Paynter March 7th, 2016 07:52 PM

Re: What's up with Facebook?

Let's create a new "facebook". Their bots are enough to drive you nuts. They jam you with "make a friend request" and then when you do, they slam you with "you are abusive." Sorry, probably not the answer you were looking for. But you stuck the carrot of a good reason to bitch in front of my nose and I took a big bite...

Steven Davis March 8th, 2016 08:17 AM

One thing I understand about Facebook is, while they want you to advertise, they claim it has to be worthy, other wise your post will drop in rank. For example; if you post something without any text, it may drop with not many people seeing the post, but if you write content that isn't so 'spammy' such as buy now, on sale etc, then more people will see the post.

As for a video disappearing, Facebook does what benefits Facebook, I've run ads for the past three months without any clients from it. I think it's not the best forum to advertise. My 2cents.

Gary Huff March 8th, 2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Paynter (Post 1910515)
Their bots are enough to drive you nuts. They jam you with "make a friend request"

I've gotten two bot requests this year. Hardly a "jam".

Quote:

and then when you do, they slam you with "you are abusive."
Why are you accepting these fake people? Can't you show a little discretion in who you friend on Facebook?

Art Varga March 8th, 2016 03:08 PM

Yes - I experienced the same issue but never figured out how to get it to stay on the feed

Robert Benda March 10th, 2016 10:42 AM

This may be about positive versus negative interactions on the part of the other people who see the video.

If the few people Facebook does show your post to ignore it nothing happens, but if most ignore it and a few mute or whatever their options are, your post will vanish.

Kyle Root March 12th, 2016 02:17 PM

They have really changed up the video stuff. You use to share from the actual video page... now you can share and embed directly from your timeline by using the twirl down icon.

And to see the actual URL you now have to right click to find it.