Clamp for car boat at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 16th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Clamp for car boat

Hi Guys i have a couple weddings with special cars and am doing time-lapse on the dashboard travelling to the reception, I want to put a camcorder on it and leave till I see bride later when she arrives also a canal boat wedding to cover and need some sort of clamp or something for a small camcorder to film at the front of s canal boat so it can time-lapse the boat coming to its finale.
The camcorder would sit at the front of the boat and I will not be there just set up and leave to film. Any suggestions, cheap suction clamp or??
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Clamp for car boat

Hey Steve

I have two SJ4000 action cams exactly for this sort of thing ... I don't think I would put something like a GH4 on a dashboard though ...I don't mind if one of my action cams get knocked around but that would be all I would risk unattended in a car ... The SJ4000 series also use the same fittings and accessories as GoPro so the suction arm for either would work but I would rather put the suction cup on the windscreen as it's a smoother surface than a dash! I often pop an action cam in the limo for some extra footage between the house and the venue and the suction cup mount works really well.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:57 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Chris thats great cheers. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 03:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Where on the canal boat are you thinking of attaching the camera?

http://www.alvechurch.com/images/Bow.jpg

I ask as you will need to clamp it to something, apart from the windows at the front, you will struggle to get a suction clamp to stick. Magnets on the other hand will work great :-)
Daniel James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:20 AM   #5
Trustee

DANIEL,Hi, it will be somewhere on the front like thew picture you attached.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques