Shot my first wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 19th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Shot my first wedding

I record stage performances almost exclusively, but I lurk here mainly for entertainment purposes, shirking weddings based on the crazy anecdotes I read about here. So when a family friends' kid decided to get married and couldn't afford a videographer, I offered to gift them a video. Makes sense, right? Right.

You gents and ladies who do this to keep the lights on have my highest respect. It's a LOT of work.

This was a backyard venue, somewhere around 2 acres of the most pastoral setting you can imagine, and both families could not have been more genteel and relaxed. My rig is massive and outfitted for theater work, i.e., not terribly portable, but I'm very fit and toted it around for lots of B-roll. I played nicely with the photographer, who was most accommodating and happy to take my card for referrals. 10 hours after I arrived I was done for the day.

Steve
Old June 20th, 2016, 02:03 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Shot my first wedding

Yeah they can be pretty full on! My first wedding was also a gift to the B&G. It's a nice way to do your first wedding and definitely takes some of the pressure off. The only issue I had was other guests who didn't know me thought I was actually just some hired 'camera bloke' and as such gave me a bit of a cold shoulder/were a bit rude. That changed when they saw me eating with everyone else and when I got a thank you during the speeches (the only on-the-day thank you I've ever had I might add!)
Nathan Buck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques