DVD print to center of disc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 15th, 2016, 04:14 AM   #1
Trustee

DVD print to center of disc

Does anyone have a printer or software that prints all the way to the center of the whole, at the moment i have the epson r300 and it only prints to about 5 cm away from the center leaving a big white circle from the disc. cracking me up as i want to use the full disc for the bride and groom pictures. Software Nero and have cyber-link. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 04:44 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: DVD print to center of disc

Are you sure it's not some setup in the software you are using that prevents you printing to the centre? You can normally print edge to edge on discs but you need to set the 'margins' so that you don't waste ink. I had an Epson R800 that would print right into the hole in the centre of the disc & my current Canon PIXMA iP4850 prints edge to edge too.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 04:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi Steve

We have the Artisan 725 and 730 in the office and both came with Epson Print CD Utility. On the software you can specify the outer circle diameter (in case you are printing onto mini CD's) and of course the inner circle diameter. I set mine to 116mm outer and 22mm inner so it doesn't leave the nasty white circle but also doesn't try to print over the non coated area either so 22mm is just right. Have you looked on your install CD that came with the printer?? That usually has the manual, drivers and the PrintCD software.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 04:54 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You can download the PrintCD Software for the R200 printer from the link below so the 300 should have the same download available

Epson Stylus Photo R200, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
Old July 15th, 2016, 05:00 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
Are you sure it's not some setup in the software you are using that prevents you printing to the centre? You can normally print edge to edge on discs but you need to set the 'margins' so that you don't waste ink. I had an Epson R800 that would print right into the hole in the centre of the disc & my current Canon PIXMA iP4850 prints edge to edge too.
Tried everything Roger it will not do it, emailed cyber-link they say it defaults and the print ends from 5 cm away from the middle.
Old July 15th, 2016, 05:01 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Steve

We have the Artisan 725 and 730 in the office and both came with Epson Print CD Utility. On the software you can specify the outer circle diameter (in case you are printing onto mini CD's) and of course the inner circle diameter. I set mine to 116mm outer and 22mm inner so it doesn't leave the nasty white circle but also doesn't try to print over the non coated area either so 22mm is just right. Have you looked on your install CD that came with the printer?? That usually has the manual, drivers and the PrintCD software.
Thanks Chris will have a look now cheers mate.
Old July 15th, 2016, 05:08 AM   #7
Inner Circle

I use Print CD or SureThing for printing to my Artisan 837 and they both have the controls for print size. You mention cyber-link are you using their software? Change to Print CD its free. Not as elaborate as SureThing but works very well. I print to the hub all the time with both of these programs.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 06:02 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
You can download the PrintCD Software for the R200 printer from the link below so the 300 should have the same download available

Epson Stylus Photo R200, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
Chris it is saying in the software that it is not compatible upgrade to newer driver, when i go to site i try to download the driver but there is no option for the r300
Old July 15th, 2016, 07:14 AM   #9
Inner Circle

You could try here Epson Stylus Photo R300, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson Canada, Limited.. Or try SureThing Disc Labeler that works well for my Artisan 837 The #1 CD/DVD Label and Cover Maker for Windows featuring SuperVibrant CD/DVD Labels | www.surething.com

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 08:27 AM   #10
Major Player

Regarding lack of features in Epson PrintCD, I simply design the DVD face in Photoshop, export as JPG then import into PrintCD as the "Background" then print. Not doing any design work at all in PrintCD, just import and print. Period. Does the job every time.

Thanks
Old July 15th, 2016, 09:47 AM   #11
Trustee

Thanks Jeff but it wont print when i do that as its asking for a driver i cannot get.I have gone with Rons idea that works in Sure thing disc great cheers guys...
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Since when does the printable surface go into the center? Last time I checked a dvd needs a whole in it.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 02:11 PM   #13
Trustee

There is always a hole?? But some just print to about 5 cm away from the hole and because the discs are white water shield ones then it show's the white thus leaving a white large circle???
Old July 16th, 2016, 01:03 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Steve?

Epson have drivers and the PrintCD software at this link for the R300 ,, Surely those must work correctly?

Epson Stylus Photo R300, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.
Old July 16th, 2016, 04:20 AM   #15
Inner Circle

It's called "Hub Printing". You can look for disc that offers printing all the way to the hub. I use Epson Print CD software. and have to adjust the inner and outer diameter. to 22mm and 118mm.

I use and sell these Falcon DVD blank media. They are top quality and with glossy watershield output. The print out difference is day and night compared to tranditional matt white surface.

Falcon 4.7GB 16X DVD Smart Guard White Inkjet Glossy Water Resistant (50 Pack) | L.A. Color Pros)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques