Best wedding Videographer/Photographer website - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 20th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Best wedding Videographer/Photographer website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
I don't do weddings at all, but what other builders do you guys like? I'm still using my old Iweb site which I'm sure severely fails ever SEO/mobile-friendly criterion out there.

Do folks care if your site looks like 10,000 others (cause you used a certain builder/template)?

My site is very simple 'cause I just don't have that much to show. . .a little bit about the gear I have, video samples, suppose I could put a resume somewhere, not much to it.
Templates are totally cool. Ours is a template but we like to tweak the hell out of it so its not like any one elses.

The problem with a totally bespoke site is the developers seem to love using their own, custom written engines and not the standard stuff like wordpress. The problem is this then means that only that developer has a clue how the site works and you cant extend it with the common wordpress plugins.

Custom sites that are decent are also very expensive. We had one, second worst business decision weve ever made. Site was too basic, messy code and hard as hell to tweak, plus it cost us a stupid amount of money. Our latest one is a template and tweaked to hell by me.

Some great website building systems out there now where you can make a totally unique looking site using some simple visual based editors. Visual Composer for Wordpress is a great one and very expandable with plugins. They also result in clean, google friendly code.
Old January 20th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #32
Slash Rules!

Also thanks. I will look into that.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 02:33 PM   #33
Major Player

I like mine. Lol

Seriously though, the site is important. In fact my last two brides specifically mentioned they went with me because my site was the best and most professional looking of all the looked at in the area.

I designed it from scratch in Adobe Muse which is included in the adobe CC subscription.

I like to keep things very basic and easy to navigate. Not a lot of fancy stuff.

Having a mobile friendly version is very important for google SEO.

www.kyleroot com
Old January 27th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #34
Major Player

Very nice site Kyle, Im impress and it is very well structured. Having a nice website paired with beautiful highlights will do the trick. A well optimize site for SEO Google ranking also is a big factor.

www.iClickFilms.com
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2017, 08:17 PM   #35
Major Player

i must admit that I haven't looked at my site in a good while now and worse I don't think I ever checked it on a mobile, maybe it's because I hate mobile phones :-)

My site is a single page site which is looking a bit jaded probably at this stage, another new years resolution!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques