New Website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:59 PM   #1
Tourist

New Website

Hi, I do Asian wedding videography. Recently re-designed my website. It's costing much more than my last site so wanted to get an idea of what you guys think.

https://www.marblevideos.com
Faisal Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: New Website

Hi Faisal

Personally I wouldn't mix other stuff on my wedding website ..rather have a unique site that prospective brides can look at .. interview videos and cooking videos don't really impress a bride however good they might be ...you could always make a second site with your general videography work on it but brides looking for wedding work usually only want to see your weddings, prices and what you can offer them

Just my 2 cents worth
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 01:25 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Drop the adverts. I agree with Chris you need to drop the non-wedding videos too.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:14 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The navigation of the website looks ok to me, not too much clutter and easy to find info back. On my windows phone however the slider on the front page or on the videopage doesn't load, the one on the front page doesn't show at all, the videopage gives an error. Your site also takes a while to load on my phone but that can be because the slider is causing issues. Also check on your faq page under technology where you spelled Canon wrong, it says Cannon now.

About the contents on your site, I do agree with the previous comments that you should either make a more clear separation on your website between weddings and corporate stuff or even put it on a different website.

The google ads at the bottom of your page doesn't show anything related to what you offer, I got to see an add for a car insurance.

The link to amazon to buy weddingrings also seems a bit out of place, do brides just order their ring from a website? I take it you get a small commission for every purchase made through that link but it doesn't look very professional to me but that's just my opinion.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:06 AM   #5
Tourist

Thanks for your responses.

By slider do you mean the video on the front page? Just under the main logo? I'll have to look into that. Haven't tried it on a windows phone.
Faisal Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Yes, it's on the frontpage and under the "videos" page, that carousel that automatically starts scrolling through videos.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM   #7
Major Player

Ditch the wedding ring adverts. It confused me at first and then I realised you've tried to monetize your site. The low volume of visitors your likely to get will not generate enough clicks to make it worth while and your more likely to put people off with ads. Plus people tend to opt for video really close to the date, well after they've already bought the rings. Plus the rings its advertising are like £64k and anyone plonking that much down on a ring will be looking for a video worth way more. Its a disconnect.

Also drop the leave a review section. The only form you want is your contact form. If you want feedback from clients then have a separate page you can link them to in an email after the date. We send them a questionnaire from Tave.
Old March 27th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #8
Major Player

Your "Imran and Thania" trailer is the wrong aspect ratio. I think I went slightly cross-eyed trying to discern whether it was me. Nope. Your other videos looked OK in this respect. This caught my attention because that trailer was the first offered on the "videos" page.
Old March 29th, 2017, 06:27 AM   #9
Major Player

It would appear hes gone for the 2.35:1 aspect but instead of cropping is resizing.
Old March 29th, 2017, 09:31 AM   #10
Major Player

I could have explained better: the video I mentioned is stretched horizontally, not merely resized. The people appear plump, the opposite of movies being squished into 4:3 aspect ratio in the 1970's where people looked like matchsticks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques