Mediazilla for Apple TV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 8th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mediazilla for Apple TV

Forget Discs, Dongles, and USB Drives…
The MediaZilla App for Apple TV® has arrived delivering a premium video experience your clients will be raving about! It is just one of many new features to come!

Delivering a finished video from your editing system to a client’s big screen TV, complete with immersive Blu-ray style menus and touch navigation controls has never been easier.

How cool is that?
Old June 21st, 2017, 04:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Mediazilla for Apple TV

If all your clients have a apple tv then that's great but unfortunately only a few that I have worked for have one. I have been looking into mediazilla but it's too expensive for me considering I only do a limited amount of weddings every year but I have to admit, it does look like a great option to share your films.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I really hate how MediaZilla's whole marketing ploy is to get the wedding industry leaders on board and to basically tell everyone that DVD's and Blu-ray's are dead to sell their product. It's like they're trying to force something that isn't happening. When I was doing weddings and even when I do events like parties, people want a physical product.
Old June 26th, 2017, 05:50 AM   #4
Major Player

We offer online delivery but its part of the package. We tried online only and people feel like they are paying a lot of nothing. A physical disk, and yes I know they cost like 30p just adds a perceived value. Online currently needs to be done in addition to a physical USB or disk. And yes, Mediazilla is rather expensive due to the bandwidth limitation.

Its annoying that we live in a world where people dont want demo disks anymore and watch it online. they probably dont buy disk movies and download them and stopped going to blockbuster years ago but when it comes to their expensive wedding film they need a disk. Or heck, your competitors offer a disk and online so if your online only then your instantly ripping them off.

Plus, we need a vimeo account. Im pretty sure we all do which does portfolios and custom URLS which is how we deliver our work and host it for our website. To pay for that and Mediazilla is a little much.
Old June 27th, 2017, 12:24 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I created a HTML5 menu system that can be used to deliver wedding online and USB drive too. For online videos need t9 be streamed from youtube or vimeo. For USB all videos are on the drive so no internet is required. The URL can be customized to my studio name too. Heres a wedding I delivered.

http://lacolorfilms.com/rachel-rod
Old June 28th, 2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Major Player

I agree with others very few people have Apple TV. You're splitting the public among Roku, AppleTV, Chromecast & Amazon FireTV. I think I heard Apple TV is the least used. Secondly, factor in the amount of the public who doesn't even have any of these devices, you're probably looking at less than 10% penetration for Apple TV.

Secondly, they'll likely want a copy for their parents anyway, and you're back to creating discs. Mediazilla seems to have good technology, but they'll need to expand and not be exclusive to Apple to make it worthwhile. Granted, they might have some form of exclusive deal.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2017, 01:57 AM   #7
Inner Circle

The ideal solution would be if Apple opened up iTunes to the low end low volume market. At present Apple will only deal with Hollywood studios & big publishers.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques