Step up from the 70D? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Step up from the 70D?

I've rented 80d, as an upgrade to my 70d. It's got better focus tracking and handles low light a little better. Put a pancake lens and it super light and small for gimbal work.There is also the Canon XC10 thats always mention as a cheap b camera for c100.

I'd stay with Canon otherwise the look will be different.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 08:07 PM   #17
Wrangler

Re: Step up from the 70D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
With the Canon 80D you'll get the headphone jack that's missing from your 70D.

Are you using the Canon EF-S 10-18mm image stabilized ultra-wide lens? It's under $300 and tailor made for what you're doing.
Adding a bit to what Chris said. If yo want to see that 10-18 in use, watch any of the DVINFO.NET NAB coverage with my name on it. I use the 70D with the 10-18 as it makes an excellent choice for close work in the smaller booths.

I was hoping we would have already seen a successor to the 80D by now. I’m kind of waiting on a 4K offering from Canon at this point.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques