Tape Storage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 14th, 2005, 02:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tape Storage

So i was wondering after you guys do a wedding on similar event how long do you hold onto the tapes for?
Old November 14th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm kind of a pack rat so I still have BETA and VHS tapes from many years ago. I keep everything related to that job in a ziploc bag and put them into bankers boxes. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of storage area in my garage so each years boxes go on the shelf there. I know, I know, no reason to keep them past a year or 2 but I can't help myself. ;-0
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Major Player

If you are not going to keep them, you should at least send them to the client.
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Well hmmm, that couple's wedding you shot when they were 25, become famous when they're 50 and you'll be happy you have the raw video . . . I still have 1" tapes of my earliest editing.

Some years back a client came to the facility I was working at with some home videos shot in a very ancient 1/2" reel to reel format, predated VHS. Wanted to know if we could bump them up to preserve them. Turns out they were Andy Warhol's home videos messing around with friends and playing in his art room.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques