A little something different... at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #1
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,898
A little something different...

link removed
__________________
Glen Elliott
Cord 3 Films
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:28 AM   #2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wow

That... was... awesome!

Very nice work!
  Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Newcomb
That... was... awesome!

Very nice work!
charles, please explain how chris m watson's work in another thread is, as you say, "flagrant, arrogant and unprofessional" and "makes us all look bad" with regard to copyright infringement and glenn's is "awesome", all in the space of 12 minutes of time between postings.

not trolling, but genuinely curious. am i missing something here?

with regards to the piece... that was good stuff, glenn. i enjoyed it immensely. it's just too bad that one of the moms was not around for the solo shot on the green and you had to replace it with reception footage. were you using a glidecam-style stabilizer or a monopod? or both?
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Posts: 82
That was great. You keep changing it up Glen.

WOW!
Kim Kinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
[QUOTE=A.J. Briones]charles, please explain how chris m watson's work in another thread is, as you say, "flagrant, arrogant and unprofessional" and "makes us all look bad" with regard to copyright infringement and glenn's is "awesome", QUOTE]

Easy. I see good, creative work in Glenn's piece... without having to resort to illegal use of copyrighted material belonging to other parties. No mystery.
  Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 275
[QUOTE=Charles Newcomb]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Briones
charles, please explain how chris m watson's work in another thread is, as you say, "flagrant, arrogant and unprofessional" and "makes us all look bad" with regard to copyright infringement and glenn's is "awesome", QUOTE]

Easy. I see good, creative work in Glenn's piece... without having to resort to illegal use of copyrighted material belonging to other parties. No mystery.
oh, ok. my bad.

you must've had the volume down because you didn't hear the song from the "kill bill" soundtrack.

seriously, am i missing something here?
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 190
Glen,

Every now and then I have to reply to you the same way....

Damn you man! Damn you!

Now I am going to spend my whole day figuring out some way to top you. Unlikely, but I will endevour to do so. This forum has done it's job again - inpiring people to push it a little higher.

Nice work, enjoyed it.

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM   #8
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,898
[QUOTE=A.J. Briones]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Newcomb
oh, ok. my bad.

you must've had the volume down because you didn't hear the song from the "kill bill" soundtrack.

seriously, am i missing something here?
Very good point, however please don't feed the fire. If posting clips will always result in a copyright debate I will have to refrain from ever posting any of my work for viewing.

I understand and respect that people feel strongly about this issue but please don't hijack threads and drag them through the mud, this is not aimed soley at anyone in particular. Thank you.
__________________
Glen Elliott
Cord 3 Films
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #9
Still Motion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,186
I really enjoyed old film effect interspersed as well as how you had the text come in, it was very original, at least from what I have seen. On the other hand, I do think this is a good example of style over content and found that while it looked amazing, it got repetitive pretty quickly and there wasn't much meaning in the footage. I should say that I am also biased as I don't do a credits piece simply because I see it as something that well it owuld be nice to show off for the first 15 seconds, is not liklely to be repeatedly watched, like a preps or highlights clip. Do you offer solid packages now that come with certain clips, or do you do each one as it comes?
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #10
Still Motion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,186
[QUOTE=Glen Elliott]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Briones
I understand and respect that people feel strongly about this issue but please don't hijack threads and drag them through the mud, this is not aimed soley at anyone in particular. Thank you.
Glen,

As a moderator, can't you simply delete the post before it goes anywhere, whenever you catch it. The same thing can only be said so many times and as you mentioned, it has the enduring effect of discouraging the sharing of clips.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #11
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cook
Glen,

Every now and then I have to reply to you the same way....

Damn you man! Damn you!

Now I am going to spend my whole day figuring out some way to top you. Unlikely, but I will endevour to do so. This forum has done it's job again - inpiring people to push it a little higher.

Nice work, enjoyed it.

Mike

Thanks Mike, for the very kind words.
__________________
Glen Elliott
Cord 3 Films
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #12
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,898
I really enjoyed old film effect interspersed as well as how you had the text come in, it was very original, at least from what I have seen.
Thank you Patrick.

On the other hand, I do think this is a good example of style over content and found that while it looked amazing, it got repetitive pretty quickly and there wasn't much meaning in the footage.
I'd have to agree with on the point about style over content. That's absolutely fine too because that's EXACTLY what this piece is intended for. It's not used as a prelude to the video. My normal wedding/vignette editing style would contrast this so drastically it would be out of place. Instead it's an option they have the choice to add to a regular full coverage package. It's a fun add-on and the family and friends seem to love it.

I should say that I am also biased as I don't do a credits piece simply because I see it as something that well it owuld be nice to show off for the first 15 seconds, is not liklely to be repeatedly watched, like a preps or highlights clip. Do you offer solid packages now that come with certain clips, or do you do each one as it comes?
That really depends. It's usually the groom's favorite part of the video...and often IS indeed watched several times. However that would depend on the couple...I'd assume that couples who wouldn't watch it more than once wouldn't pay the money to have one produced.

Thanks for the input.
__________________
Glen Elliott
Cord 3 Films
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:59 AM   #13
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,898
[QUOTE=Patrick Moreau]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott

Glen,

As a moderator, can't you simply delete the post before it goes anywhere, whenever you catch it. The same thing can only be said so many times and as you mentioned, it has the enduring effect of discouraging the sharing of clips.
We try to have as little intervention as possible because we DO respect peoples thoughts and opinions and want people to communicate as freely as possible. However if the subject takes a thread off topic, becomes volitile, and then continues after a request has been made to stop...then maybe an action may be taken.

It is never my or any moderators intention to squelch anyone and action is only taken when rules are broken and/or as a last resort.
__________________
Glen Elliott
Cord 3 Films
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #14
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott

Very good point, however please don't feed the fire. If posting clips will always result in a copyright debate I will have to refrain from ever posting any of my work for viewing.
that's exactly my point. this has happened to me twice now, and i will no longer be sharing here either.
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #15
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 190
AJ, don't get too wound up. We love to see the work, just don't get dragged into the debate. It will rage long after we are dead and little mice are living in our skulls.

Glen - you say this is an add on. I understand if you don't want to say, but about how much do you get for these?

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network