Extended highlights from UK at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Extended highlights from UK

Hi guys,

Having watched lots and lots of incredibly impressive videos on here mainly from you guys in the US, i thought i'd post my own from little old England so some of you pros can help me iron out the kinks.

www.bestmanproductions.co.uk/demotest.html

This clip is the 9 minute highlight reel from my 3rd wedding. Whilst i frequently get told that "anything over 4 minutes is far too long for highlights" by colleagues, I stand by the opinion that as a seperate DVD entry that can be shown to friends/family who don't want to sit through the whole hour long movie but do want to see all the important parts of the day, it is a perfectly acceptable length.

(a shorter clip is available from my 2nd wedding on the videos page of my website, but it's not as good!)

Thanks in advance for your time and patience!

Pete

www.bestmanproductions.co.uk
Peter Wallington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #2
Inner Circle

4 minute highlgihts?

dude, its your work and u can make it ANY length you want..

thes epeople who stick the "formulas" really need to go out and get laid..

no offense, but if u have loads of content, how much of that are you gonna chop ??

I usually do the full length featuere which could be anythignfrom 1 hour through to 5 horus depending on the job and culture, then i do a "short version" which is anythign from 10 to 40 minutes.. usually bout 10% of the full ones duration..

dont fear the what u should nad shouldnt do..
if the piece FEELS right.. do it...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques