Feedback on "MOVING CAMERA TECHNIQUES DVD" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Feedback on "MOVING CAMERA TECHNIQUES DVD"

Hi guys,I selecting training material for wedding shoots N I would like to know if anyone here has comments on "MOVING CAMERA TECHNIQUES" by Picture this productions? Thanks!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:39 AM   #2
Major Player

I thought it was a good DVD. But any training materials value depends on where you are starting from. There is no real rocket science in it.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 05:57 AM   #3
Major Player

The DVD is first rate for anyone getting into wedding videography and excellent refresher/new training for the experienced folks. Definitely needs to be in one's toolbox....
Mark A. Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah
Hi guys,I selecting training material for wedding shoots N I would like to know if anyone here has comments on "MOVING CAMERA TECHNIQUES" by Picture this productions? Thanks!
Sean, the Movie Camera Techniques DVD is excellent. It covers a broad range of techniques covering both smaller handheld cameras and larger shoulder mounts alike. In addition to that there is coverage on the usage of the Glidecam, and information about getting the best imagery from your cameras. It covers a broad spectrum of topics all the while taking the time to describe things in a very detailed and illustrated manner. Mark even goes over "exercises" that will help develop your moving camera techniques.

The production quality of the video is first rate- you can tell a lot of time went into producing it. I highly recommend it, as many of the techniques tought in this video are a staple in my work personally now.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 06:23 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks guys.Glenn,thanks to U that I'm aware of this resources. I'm pretty new n only done a few weddings for friends so far.I'm hoping to improve my techniques.The guidecam portion is sure a bonus! Thanks :)
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #6
Major Player

I watched the moving camera techniques dvd and thought it was just, ok. I guess if you're new to shooting camera you'll learn more from it but watching movies and television are the best way to "see" shots and camera "moves" you may want to utilize. Granted, there are no instructions on how do get the shots but if you are considered a "camera operator"...chances are you can figure the moves out without much trouble.

The VonLarken's do good work though...not my personal flavor but they are talented and produce a nice product.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques