DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   What Video Packages Do You Sell Most? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/57578-what-video-packages-do-you-sell-most.html)

Joe Allen Rosenberger January 5th, 2006 10:03 PM

What Video Packages Do You Sell Most?

I thought it would be interesting to see what wedding video packages are being sold the most.

Example-If you offer a basic......intermediate.......advanced package, which one are you booking the most of with your clients?

Do you often find yourself "up selling" packages to more complex and expensive one's?

curious to see the response on this????

Peter Jefferson January 6th, 2006 02:40 AM

Most popular..

1 hour groom
1 hour bride
all ceremony
photoshoot
reception to 11pm

full edit aprox 60 to 90 mins
highlightsd about 15 mins

Image CDRoms

Dolby Digital Stereo *but can upgrade

over 2grand... plus any upgrades...

- most expensive (for euro wedding like macedionian traditional )

about 4500, add 500 for projection of minimovie, or slideshow. Add 2000 for SDE, add 1000 for a 3rd camera
Rare but good when u get these big ones... the clients actually give a shit...ive got 8 pages of packages and upgrade options... 4 MAIN packages though..

Eugene Bare January 6th, 2006 09:25 AM

Lowest one

The average income in my city is 56K so I sell more basic packages than anything else. People just buy the best they can afford. I also advertise in another city near by and the average income is almost double, there I sell more higher priced packages and add ons. my 2 cents

Bryon Akerman January 6th, 2006 09:51 AM

I'm in the middle of Oklahoma, so not a lot of money here either. I've got three basic setups. a one camera, 4 hour total, 2 finished dvds, which goes for 850.00. The next one is 2 cameras (one manned), with 6 hours, which goes for 1250. The last one is an all day * hours, 3 cameras (2 manned), plus interviews with people and all the works, wwhich goes for about 2500.00.

That's about the market I'm in. I try to stay close to the competition. The smaller two seem to be the most popular. My sister manages a wedding shop, so I can keep up with the comments from people.

now, i also do have some add-ons available, that they can customize an add to their packages.

Carl Hataway January 10th, 2006 01:48 AM

WedPacks

Hey Joe,

I live in San Antonio, TX and it has a diverse income area. We offer three packages; Pearl, Emerald and Diamond @ $899, $1399 and $1999.00 respectively. Last year the video pack choice ran between the Pearl and the Emerald, however this year the trend is Emerald and Diamond. I believe in getting what you pay for and if the Emerald is being considered I let the customer know that if they go for the Diamond package they also get a new in the box Progressive scan DVD player and that normally sells them, when you can get major brand DVD players at the major member stores for anywhere from $59.95 to $89.95 why not buy a few of them and surprise your client and win a customer for life, Our Pearl package gives the client 3 DVD's the Emerald gives 5 DVD's and the Diamond gets 7 DVD's that covers the Bride and Groom, each set of parents, Grandparents and Best Man and Maid of Honor. We are raising the bar here in SA and the competition doesn't like it as they watch us work instead of them!!!

"Be Someone Special, Be Someone In Time" Quote by ME

Carl Hataway July 11th, 2006 01:13 PM

Wedding Packages

Joe, this responce is rather late by, oh let's say, seven months!!!!! I have been so busy with Weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Love Stories, Funerals and Depositions that sometime I have to take a minute to breath. My company, Someone In Time Digital Video Productions, Inc.(S-Corp) offers three price points; the first is The Pearl Package at $899.00, The Emerald at 1399.00 and the Diamond at 1999.00. We do alot of 899.00 packs and alot of 500.00 menu select. But the Diamond and Emerald are always a toss-up until I break down the Diamond package for the client. The Diamond gives you everything we offer and a couple of things we don't advertise. To break the indecision between the Emerald and the Diamond package we give the Bride and Groom a brand new in the box Sony DVD player ($69.00 at Costco or Wal-Mart) and I will fly anywhere in the US, Canada or Mexico at no charge to the client to film their Love Story(connections in the aviation dept.). The Love Story is $300.00 extra on any other package and the Love Story is normally shown at their rehearsal dinner. With these two extra unadvertised benefits I always try to upgrade my client to the higher package. The new DVD player insures the client and me that my DVD-R, DVD+R DL and .mp3 will play at their home.

A videographer that doesn't try to upgrade the client to the next higher package or their top package needs to take some selling lessons (LOL) of course there are those clients that just can't afford any package you offer so I revert to my menu pricing at $100.00 an hour with a four hour minimum always and that always covers the ceremony and the main events at the reception. If all wedding receptions would get the first dance, bouquet toss, garter toss and the toast out of the way right at the beginning two things would happen the Bride doesn't lose her guest and we get out of there sooner with everything covered. So, to upgrade . . . You Bet, and I cry all the way to the bank!!!!!

Michelle Lewis July 11th, 2006 05:24 PM

I agree about upgrading. I'm getting them to book at lower packages, then slowly I seduce them with new clips of higher packages. It's worked twice, so I hope it will work in the future.

Mark Von Lanken July 11th, 2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryon Akerman
I'm in the middle of Oklahoma, so not a lot of money here either...

Hi Bryon,

I'm just 100 miles from you in Tulsa. There is more money than you think in OKC. I don't know what your work looks like, but people are willing to pay more than you have quoted for good video.

I'm not telling you how to price your services, just trying to encourage you that you may be leaving a lot of money on the table.

Jason Robinson July 12th, 2006 04:23 PM

Pricing

Pricing is a little tricky as I am in a specific market. I ma the new wedding video producer in my city (Boise) and the other producers are established and very good. My only clients have been via word of mouth from my free gigs. Sor far the paying clients have all been college age students or else people that otherwise were turned off by the other video producer's prices (~$1000). I have only one package that has sold ($500) because it is all that my customers can afford. The package is a simple 30 minute finished DVD filmed at a single site over <4 hours with no frills. I did do two weddings (unfortunately they were in my begining "era" so I charged about 1/2 what I should have) that would have been about $1200-$1400 based on the amount of coverage I provided and the complexity of the finished product.

I base my prices on finished video time because it is easy to shoot and not edit, but harder to shoot and then spend the hours editing the product to a finished production. Let me know if this is ususual for the industry and I'll see about changing how I do business.

I am going to increase my prices by about $100 for the rest of this year because my skill at shooting has increased to the point where I believe my footage is worth more. I have three weddings in August (3 weeks apart) and one of them is my own wedding, so I'll have some massive logistics to work out soon.

jason