DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Camera Stabilizers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/58403-camera-stabilizers.html)

Craig Terott January 16th, 2006 11:14 AM

Camera Stabilizers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Padilla
Craig.. Congratulations, im going to tell you something I don't tell everyone... This rig honestly helped define us a videographers; it helped separated us from everyone else. And we get unreal footage.

As far as being noticed, you'd be suprised... First of all, everyone notices... and thats fine, people come up to me all the time, and say "wow thats awesome!" or "how does it work?", and then I'll get the people at the end of the day that come up to me when I'm packing up and say "I've been watching you all day and just wanted to tell you how proffessional you are", usually when I first put on the rig, i'll here someone wisper "hey thats stedicam gear!" in excitment. It has never NEVER been a problem, people love that you are there, keep a smile on your face, interact with them & when its time to shoot, believe me they will let you do your thing.

Here's the funny thing, when you ask the bride and goom if they remember the gear that I was using, they honestly wont remember it at all. And besides, they are your clients. Same goes for shot "take overs" and having them do stuff. Look here is how I see it, the photographer gets their artistic shots, well I am an artist, I am a photographer with a motion picture camera, I want my artistic shots too. So I let them know that I want at least 5 minuets alone with the bride and groom to put to the music video. I also let them & the photographer know that I will be filming for artistic shots when he does his poses and that I might interject posing as well. This us usually acknowledged with a grunt of sorts with the photographer, but when it comes down to it, they are happy I helped out because I improved their shots (they usually, say.. Hey hold that I want a shot of that too!) Most photographers at the end of the day say to us "wow you guys were great to work with", as long as your both 'being' proffessional, you will respect each other. I have only ever had one seriously unpleasent experiance with a photographer. Anyway, If you are struggling with this and can't get your shots just move on to something else and grab the bride and groom later. Oh another great shot that you'll see well done in "linda & gil" is durring the reception, grab a waiter have him take you into the back room where they are grabbing plates, and film him as he walks from the kitchen to where he's going to serve it.

Anyhow if you have more questions i'd love to help out!

BTW, did you get the Aviator through Tom? or did you speak with Tom and mention us? Let me know how it went.

We wondered so far off topic I figured I'd start a new thread.

I didn't speak with Tom so I didn't mention you guys. I spoke with Nate. If I call back again I'll try to remember to give you guys some credit! -sry

I don't have any issues with photographers (usually). Lately I've been politely advising brides to get ready 10-15 minutes sooner than they think they need to because video & photos will take a bit longer than just photos. Sometimes just that little bug in the ear helps everyone out.

Michael Padilla January 16th, 2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Terott
We wondered so far off topic I figured I'd start a new thread.

Yeah... HEHE; I was thinking the same thing...

Again, if there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.