DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Clip to Share!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/58448-clip-share.html)

Darrell Aubert January 16th, 2006 08:43 PM

Clip to Share!!

This is a little something I threw together as a short promo for a scout camp I've worked at in the past.
The Target Audience: 7 - 10 year olds
Because of this, I tried to make it as fun and exciting as possible to young kids.

Let me know what you think....

Check it Out!

Chris Barcellos January 16th, 2006 08:48 PM

Great Video

Saw your video. Looks like fun. How did you do the "jib" type shot ?

Chris Barcellos

Ben Lynn January 17th, 2006 09:35 AM

My 8 yr old watched it and was pumped up about the bb guns and archery. I'd give it a thumbs up from the target audience.

I thought all the cut was good and everything looked nice, I just wondered where the nat. sounds were. You see the fishing pole reel moving but no sound with it. And you see kids playing but no audio. I'm sure the audio was just on camera but it still could have brought people into the event a bit more.

I think it does well with the target audience and that's the important thing. Nice work.

Ben

Mike F Smith January 17th, 2006 09:45 PM

Nice Work

If this is a camp that teaches the safe use of arrows and firearms I would cut the shot of the kid with the arrow by his head. I know it's a spoof but what is the reason for it? Do people goof around with guns and arrows at the camp? Also the first part has the feeling of some kind of fire cult or something. Wood stacked in that way conjurs images of burnings at the stake. Some of the imagery is powerful and disturbing in a way but very interesting. That does grab my interest so maybe it's a good thing but I probilby wouldn't send my kid there. In general I think it's good work in a lot of ways but the blazing fires, arrow by head and kid being flung into the water make it a bad promo for a camp. It's a big step to send your kid to a camp for the first time. I know I have done it. You want to know that first the place is safe, fun is second.

Mike

Dante Waters January 26th, 2006 12:19 PM

How did you create that flash movie file?

Darrell Aubert January 29th, 2006 03:05 PM

I used the RIVA enconder, just do a google search

Travis Cossel January 29th, 2006 05:06 PM

I didn't have any problem with the lack of natural sounds. In fact, I think it might have felt out of place to 'all of a sudden' hear the fishing reel spinning.

I also didn't have any problem with the fire shots.

The kid with the arrow next to his head definitely needs to go. Wrong kind of message there.

I also totally didn't get the shot of the guy at the end putting that cloth up to his nose. My first thought is that he had a bloody nose (which wouldn't make sense to show). It just didn't make sense to me.

The camera work and editing were both well done. If you have the ability to color-correct with your software, I'd do that for sure. Many of the shots felt muddy and cold, and warming them up with help a lot.

What was the song and where did you get it?

Nicholas Valentine January 29th, 2006 05:40 PM

Nice video Darrell. I got a kick out of it mainly because I used to work at Settlers from 1994-1999.

Darrell Aubert January 29th, 2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel
I also totally didn't get the shot of the guy at the end putting that cloth up to his nose. My first thought is that he had a bloody nose (which wouldn't make sense to show). It just didn't make sense to me.

That shot has meaning to a number of the groups that attend the camp. He's smelling the socks during the dirty sock competition.

Quote:

If you have the ability to color-correct with your software, I'd do that for sure. Many of the shots felt muddy and cold, and warming them up with help a lot.

Trust me, I tried on several of the shots. When you're shooting rocks and trees on an overcast day, it's difficult to get that color.
Quote:

What was the song and where did you get it?

http://freeplaymusic.com/

Darrell Aubert January 29th, 2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Valentine
Nice video Darrell. I got a kick out of it mainly because I used to work at Settlers from 1994-1999.

Uhg, Settlers? I'm was an Akelaland man myself as you can tell.
BTW, If you emailed me back it was to the old account I registered with DV-Info that no longer works. My new account is daubert@eventdvp.com