prep clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 16th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #1
Major Player

prep clip

hi everyone, and happy new year! after a bit of a hiatus, i'm sharing another clip. this one is bridal prep footage.

quicktime 7, h264, 23+mb.
http://www.infinite-studios.com/movies/PrepCandice.mov
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #2
Major Player

text effect

well done... I'll send my link to that e-mail before I goto bed.

How did you do that text affect in the beginning??
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Thumbs up! Way up!

Will you also provide this customer with any raw footage from this bridal prep? I'm just currious because of that .6x conversion lens it might be a little weird for someone to watch the raw video or will you not include any of that?
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #4
Major Player

thanks for the comments guys! craig, the raw footage in minidv format is available for purchase. it's a snap on lens, so the raw footage intermingles wides with the regular stuff. it lets me get two different shots without moving too far, and i love using the wide angle for closeups of dresses and whatnot.

also, i just noticed that there's a bit of nasty interlacing going on in the quicktime conversion. i tried to shortcut this by exporting it from the big version i used for compressor, and it looks horrible... i'll re-export from fcp and upload later tonight.
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Very nice work, but I have a question. How do you get the rights to the music? Or is this what you edit to and then replace it with something similar? I'm just making the cross-over from hobbyist to professional and I would like to know what your take is on the musical aspect of wedding videography.
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #6
Major Player

hi nicholas. thanks for the comments! re: music, please search the forums for this topic. it's been discussed to death.

i suddenly remember why i stopped sharing.
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Sorry to have beat an already dead horse with my question. Your clip just triggered the question after viewing. Again, nice work on the vid.
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Valentine
Sorry to have beat an already dead horse with my question. Your clip just triggered the question after viewing. Again, nice work on the vid.
hi nicholas... i think i may have been a bit knee-jerk in my response, and i apologize. i'm still a bit sensitive from the last time.

thanks again for your comments.
Old January 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Good Work

I really liked the pace. I do think that some of the fade to black didn't work as well as it could have. A fade go black to me generaly means now think about something else. Kind of a stop and start. There was one shot of mom's back that was not very flattering. I would get rid of that.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F Smith
There was one shot of mom's back that was not very flattering. I would get rid of that.

Mike
good call... i wasn't sure about that one when i put it in, and you've just convinced me to change it. i have a non-wide version of it that i will replace it with.

thanks so much for the comments, guys.
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters
How did you do that text affect in the beginning??
the text effect was done with a flashframe transition on a photoshop element. i try not to go too crazy with animating titles because they tend to show their age after a couple of years.
A.J. Briones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques