Where do you meet clients? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Where do you meet clients?

Do you meet potential clients in your office, home office, their home, or another location? Upon completion of your services do you mail it, have them pick-up at your location, or do you go to their home?
Michelle Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

YES to all. I meet clients wherever they feel comfortable (home; theirs or mine where my office is anyway-resturant-coffee shop whatever) and the finished product gets to them however I feel it's best. Sometimes I Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation, sometimes I drop it off to them , sometimes they pick it up. It's all up to them, where they live and their schedule. I try to accomodate them in whatever way I can.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 07:04 AM   #3
Old Boot

Ditto Don's remark. Nothing to loose and EVERYTHING to gain. But really, we ARE providing a service. It's kinda expected too.

People say to me - "Must be nice being your own Boss" - I say, "My clients are my Boss!" without them and pleasing them I don't get paid. Oh, of course there are limits, but they soon know those - AND most people are responsible and responsive to that type of clarity. And guess what? They are the BEST clients too. Funny that - eh?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM   #4
Major Player

Generally at a Starbucks or other coffee shop midway between us. Unless otherwise unable (have a B&G who moved after the wedding), I meet them again to deliver the discs at the same location.
Patrick Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Primarily I meet with couples at my home office, but that's mostly because we have built a theater so that couples can watch an entire wedding video from start to finish to see the kind of work we do. With that said, I have met couples at coffee shops or at their homes. I even met one groom at the car dealership where he worked. Basically, it's up to them where we meet.

The same goes for delivery of the videos. It's up to them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques