C-mac clone Clip to Share - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 24th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Major Player

font

Stewart which font face did you use to display the names on the opening titles?
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #17
Major Player

I believe it is brickham script, adobe font folio collection, same one I use for my Logo.

Cheers
Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Normally, I wouldn't ask, but what was the name of the song you used. That was beautiful, and totally fit with your graceful camera work.

Also, I sometimes end up with a shot where I have some dust or debris on my lens, so does anyone have any tips on how to prevent and/or catch this? I clean all my lens the day of the wedding, but during the course of an entire day of running around, I find it hard to check my lenses again. Any tips here would be appreciated.

Oh, and I saw the tears on that blonde bride. Gotta love it when you catch stuff like that. Great work!
Old January 25th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Very nice work. I'm getting ready to start my own videography business and I hope to produce stuff to that quality. Great job.
Nicholas Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:43 PM   #20
Major Player

Hey Travis, I am in Spokane washington not toooo far from you, the song is from "road to perdition" not sure the name, thanks for the comments gentlemen (Nicholas) I have so much more to learn, I have been able to see improvements in my stuff the past couple of years.

Cheers
Mike
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Spokane? How about that? My wife is a photographer and she has a wedding job in Spokane this spring. I've only been there once myself, but it seemed pretty nice.

Again, nice job with the video. I use monopods for my "handheld" shooting, but every time I see video like yours it makes me want to get a steadicam rig.
Old January 26th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #22
Wrangler

Michael, sorry it took so long for me to watch. I'm in the process of switching all my files to a new computer and I didn't have quicktime installed.

Beautiful, beautiful imagery. Awesome steadi-cam work. I didn't read all the responses but what camera was that shot with...it looked phenomenal!
I do agree that the piece could definitly be fleshed out a bit with some vo's especially towards the end when the song kind of fades out to a considerably lower volume. Though that's something I've been spending a great deal of time trying to improve in my work.

I don't think it was a C-mac clone at all...it was an original Aemikea clip if I've ever seen one. I've been a fan of your other pieces in the past...you do good work. The clarity, smoothness, and colors are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing!
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #23
Major Player

Thanks Glen, always means alot coming from you, have been a great admirer of your work since the beginning. Thanks for checking it out, they were shot with FX1's, Have a great night!

Mike
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #24
Major Player

Beautiful!

Really nice Mike. The visuals 'breathe' with the music. Some type of VO or ambient would add another layer, but its strong right now. What type of stand are you using to hold the rig when you go handheld?
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #25
Major Player

Hi Joel, Thanks for checking it out, I am going to try to add some voiceover to it, I too think it would add alot to it, I am going to rework it a little and repost in the future, by the way I am having the packaging made up (one to send to you) within the next 3 weeks. Talk with you soon! I use a mathews C-stand to hold the Steadicam while I go handheld.

Thanks
Mike
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #26
Major Player

Thanks for the packaging examples - they have some real potential to wake us up from the plastic-case era.

I'm going to have to give the Smooth Shooter another whirl. (Or maybe I won't: Not using the vest and arm keeps me going down to the basement to work with the weights...)

I bought one of the first units out last Spring and felt sooooo out of place at a wedding - like Jason mentioned I felt like robo-cop. I just didn't feel comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Stewart
Hi Joel, Thanks for checking it out, I am going to try to add some voiceover to it, I too think it would add alot to it, I am going to rework it a little and repost in the future, by the way I am having the packaging made up (one to send to you) within the next 3 weeks. Talk with you soon! I use a mathews C-stand to hold the Steadicam while I go handheld.

Thanks
Mike
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques