synchronize - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I love 35mm look and think that its images are undoubtedly better than any digital camera can produce, but the advantages that digital offers are too tempting...
I like the prise on d200 on top of that.
Victor Burdiladze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Burdiladze
I have event to shoot with XL2 and GL2. What do you guys think would be the best way to synchronize the sound in post?
Thanks in advance.
I find the best way to start is "visually". Look at the waveform and find a loud sound, or abrupt beginning to speech and/or organ music, etc. Once you have them lined up visually begin listening to a small section nudging one clip a frame at at time in either direction to eliminate any additional flange from being off a few frames.

The ways to achieve the above are different in every NLE. Once you do it a few times it's quite easy and will only take the better part of a minute to perfectly sync two cameras. Best of luck.
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Glen,
Do you also use iriver or something higher for sound recording?
Victor Burdiladze is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques