Recommendations for Tripod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele
Now how the heck can you not tell that moving the rockers in the same direction will produce the opposite effect?

Then I ain't coordinated - have to "stop" and think about it. I've also tried using the secondary zoom rocker on the end of the handle but my fingers just don't work that way.

At least the Sony came with a bag. :)
I never used the bag once - I threw mine away. Who has time to pack everything away with every new venue. Who has that kind of time? It's run and gun with wedding videography.

Anyway, I swear to God, may he/she/it strike me dead if I'm lying... I never even noticed about the controller until you brought it up. As a matter of fact... I soooo not noticed that I would have to go to my office to check to see if what you're saying is right. I believe you... but it's all very subconscious for me. And along those lines I have a mind boggling theory -maybe you'll be entertained? :p I grew up in an age of fanatical video gaming. An age when you have two choices... play "pong" or master the 20 button/position game controller. My hand/eye coordination was taken to olympic levels which the average non-gaming extraverted person could only dream of :p

So maybe you're point is valid for most people? I guess I'm not qualified to answer.
Craig Terott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 06:06 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Terott
I never used the bag once - I threw mine away. Who has time to pack everything away with every new venue. Who has that kind of time? It's run and gun with wedding videography.
Naw... there's time. Just tell the B&G to take a long limo drive after the ceremony. Failing that, store your fishing gear in it.

Quote:
As a matter of fact... I soooo not noticed that I would have to go to my office to check to see if what you're saying is right. I believe you...
By all means... do look for yourself. It's such a stupid design I'm actually wondering if an employee at the Sony plant dozed off and put mine in backwards.

I even tried taking it apart with the notion of reassembling it properly but the tiny screws are so cheap the heads stripped right away. But again for the record... the head and sticks are just dandy.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques