difference iriver iFP-799 and iFP-799SE ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 26th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

difference iriver iFP-799 and iFP-799SE ?

just ordered an iriver Giant Squid which I will have send to Japan, as I am in Indonesia right now where postal service is not reliable. Here I also cannot buy the iriver mp3 player/recorder, and I am planning to buy it once in Japan, in abt. 1 month.

Just checked out Kakaku.com, a japanese site ( see here: http://kakaku.com/ksearch/search.asp...y=&C1=&C2=&L=l ) to see if irivers of the 700 and 800 series are available there.

They are, there are the 1GB models iFP-799 starting from just under 30.000 Yen ( abt. 250 US$ ), and there is a 1 GB model iFP-799SE starting from less than 13.000 Yen ( just 110 US$ ), for less then half the prize of the former. If you check out the kakaku site you will find that almost every model comes in an expensive version without the 'SE' and a cheaper 'SE' version.

Does anybody have any idea what that 'SE' could mean? Or more importantly, do the cheaper 'SE' models have the same recording function, the adjustable mic in, as do the one's without the SE?
Andreas Griesmayr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques