Mic on the bride - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:27 PM   #61
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Gates
Matt,

A note to Peter, your mics could not cause feedback unless they went through the PA. They might cause drop outs or splitting but not feedback.

Sam Gates
I know dude, thing is THEY DIDNT... GGRRRR
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #62
Trustee

I had a situation that seemed similar to this EXCEPT, when I turned off my mic, the feedback stopped. It gets even stranger. The feedback was in the PA, obviously. It only happened when the priest approached the podium mic. Why he went to the podium mic, when he was wearing a lav, I don't know. This was one of my first one-man weddings and I had a cheap lav. I don't see how this could happen, but maybe our wireless frequencies were clashing? How could my lav, similar to the priest's lav, cause feedback in the PA? I don't believe it is possible, but when it was shut off the feedback stopped.

I switched to a Lectrosonics wireless years ago and never have any problems.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Ok, in response to the interest in this topic, I soon will be introducing:

THE BRA-MAPHONE!

Each cup will incorporate a high quality, professional omni directional microphone for stereo reception. Our ingenious intergrated bra strap/antenna system will insure perfect reception even during ham radio conventions. The transmitter inself will be encased in our patented "gel-packs" for those brides who want a "little more" on thier special day.

Remember gents, speak into the microphones.....

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #64
Inner Circle

I can only imagine where the actually mic is on the cup . . .
Old March 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #65
Regular Crew

Travis,

typo on your website. Page "Marketing Solutions Services"

"guerrilla marketing consulations"

I think your missing a T

Mike
Mike Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #66
Inner Circle

You mean you've never had a marketing consulation? d:-)

Thanks for the catch.
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:16 AM   #67
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel
I can only imagine where the actually mic is on the cup . . .
I think it's clipped on the bra where the two cups are joined together over the sternum and there's a natural space formed in the cleavage. Could be inside or outside the bra depending on her endowment, the cup style, and the type of outer garment worn.
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #68
Trustee

I hesitate to partake in silliness regarding bosoms...but here goes...

Can the Bramaphone be used in reverse as a stereo parabolic mic? Is there a sports model available for rough service?

Trying to mic the bride seems a bit absurd to me. I'm pretty sure trying to put a mic on a bride would allow me to find out the grip strength of a 385 pound Samoan male. I'll just be happy not knowing that information.
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #69
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
I hesitate to partake in silliness regarding bosoms...but here goes...

Can the Bramaphone be used in reverse as a stereo parabolic mic? Is there a sports model available for rough service?

Trying to mic the bride seems a bit absurd to me. I'm pretty sure trying to put a mic on a bride would allow me to find out the grip strength of a 385 pound Samoan male. I'll just be happy not knowing that information.
ROFLMAO - very true. Only said it was a workable way to place a hidden lav on a female - never said it was very smart to offer to place it there yourself (unless you are a female videographer). But it's a rare woman that is embarassed by the fact she HAS a cleavage or that people notice she has one. We men tend to be more sensitive about such things than they are.
Old March 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #70
Trustee

Perhaps micing the bride is something to be attempted successfully by certain videographers. I agree that many women don't mind most people noticing their cleavage. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. This is a surprisingly small island socially, so I don't think I will confront the issue why women don't want me noticing their assets. I'll just mic the groom.
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:10 PM   #71
Inner Circle

Actually I think the real issue in micing the bride would be more of where to hide the transmitter than where to hide the mic. The all-white version of the Countryman B6 is so tiny - 2.5mm across by about 4 mm long - that it could go almost anywhere and be invisible to anyone who didn't know it was there. It could be disguised as a seed pearl on the bodice of the dress for example or taped to the fabric just inside the neckline or in a button hole
Old March 13th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #72
Trustee

I do a lot of outdoor weddings and have learned (painfully) that I must keep a windscreen in place. This makes the mic too large to ever hide on a bride. For indoor weddings, it might work if transmitters get really small. Wedding gowns seem to be rather tight in fashion, so I haven't seen a place to put a transmitter anywhere near their current size.
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #73
Major Player

transmitters

this is for guitar, but something like it may be along the right lines of a transmitter to hide on a bride.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ess?sku=271148

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques