DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Catholic Church Bulletin Marketing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/62707-catholic-church-bulletin-marketing.html)

Rick Betancourt March 12th, 2006 08:57 PM

Catholic Church Bulletin Marketing

Hello All,
I'm considering placing an advertisement in the church bulleting of at least one local Catholic parish church Sunday bulleting. It's purpose would be to promote the wedding videography side of my company.
I'm checking to see if anyone else has experience with placing such and ad, and if it seemed worthwhile. The cost is about $1000 for a one year advertisement of about 2"X 1" in size.
Thanks,
Rick

Joe Allen Rosenberger March 13th, 2006 01:08 AM

unless you have money to burn, i would look elsewhere for your dollars spent...."word of mouth" is king! the church thing may work sweet though.....its just the last place that i would dump my money....but i bet there's companies this works for. from my experiences...when brides are looking for a videographer....they ask other brides who they are using or who they would recommend...but they are my experiences which is great for us.....since we hardly advertise at all. good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Betancourt
Hello All,
I'm considering placing an advertisement in the church bulleting of at least one local Catholic parish church Sunday bulleting. It's purpose would be to promote the wedding videography side of my company.
I'm checking to see if anyone else has experience with placing such and ad, and if it seemed worthwhile. The cost is about $1000 for a one year advertisement of about 2"X 1" in size.
Thanks,
Rick

Jim Michael March 13th, 2006 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Betancourt
Hello All,
Thanks,
Rick

I wouldn't commit to a year unless first test marketing the ad to determine effectiveness. You need something in the ad that lets you know from where the lead came, such as a freebie coupon etc.

Mike Cavanaugh March 13th, 2006 12:35 PM

I'd do the math... Unless it is a HUGE parish, consider:

Number of active members of the parish (that go to mass weekly)+ Number of NEW attendees = number of eyes that have the potential to see your ad.

How many of those are going to have a wedding in the coming year?

If you ask the church how many weddings they had last year, you will get an idea of potential people in the "market"

Divide that number into $1,000 to find the cost/prospect. Divide that number by the number of active videographers in the area to find cost/sale.

On the other hand, if you like your church, a $1,000 donation is a nice thing!

Monte Comeau March 13th, 2006 12:42 PM

Do you think that maybe an ad at the Church is too late? Once the B&G is visiting the Church and officiant etc they would be close to the wedding date and videographer already chosen.

Unless your target is regular parishinors...then I suppose it may be of some benefit although somewhat of a narrow target market. You could do much better with a broader target market.

Just my opinion