I am in Love - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 24th, 2006, 02:28 PM   #16
Major Player

"Gulf of Mexico???" Where at? Does your sun come up on the right side (or the left....or neither)?

Anyway, yeah, it's sweet. Now I just need to get out there and do somethin' with it.
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #17
Major Player

I have 4 of each,, 895's and 795's I like the 895's better because the mic input is on the side but other than that they both work equally as good as the other.

We use them in conjunction with our wireless mics and they work great! I always mic the groom, podium and live music with iRivers. It's overkill to mic the groom twice but it's that important. If you wireless has a problem you should always have a backup of your vows considering it's a one time shot.

We use the Gaint Squid mics, as well, and they work great!
Jon
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #18
Major Player

Indeed....indeed. Not only do the Giant Squids work in mono properly with the iRivers, but they also outperform my Audio Technica mics which sound very thin with hardly any low end, and that's comparing them while plugged into the Wireless (I have GS lavs for everything, not just iRivers). Darren is obviously a mad genius. It really blew me away to discover the superiority of his work compared to that of a major manufacturer with tons of R&D money.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 10:55 PM   #19
New Boot

I've been playing with my iRiver 895 + Giant Squid mic for the past few days, and I am also in love. I'm shooting my first wedding tomorrow (a freebie, of course). If I'm happy with the audio I get, I will probably buy three or four more.

Eventually I will spend the money to get a quality wireless lav system, but for now the iRiver is an excellent low-cost solution. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

This forum rules! :o)
Christopher Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 11:32 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Runyon
Indeed....indeed. Not only do the Giant Squids work in mono properly with the iRivers, but they also outperform my Audio Technica mics which sound very thin with hardly any low end, and that's comparing them while plugged into the Wireless (I have GS lavs for everything, not just iRivers). Darren is obviously a mad genius. It really blew me away to discover the superiority of his work compared to that of a major manufacturer with tons of R&D money.
Daniel - I PM'd you on this (based on this old thread). Obviously you still feel that the GS is a great lav. Do you also feel that the ATPro88W VHF transmitter/receiver is a good purchase or have you switched to something else. Likewise, is 25ft really the maximum range that works with the ATPro88W VHF or do you typically get more of out it? Have you tried any other wireless, like the Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 Series, or any other lav, like the AT899? Thanks, Shawn
Shawn Redford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques