Ok, my turn - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:54 AM   #16
Trustee

My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau
I haven't viewed Heather's clip yet, so no comments on that yet.

Just a reminder that other questions not in line with the thread ashould be posed as a new thread. It is not fair to Heather to take over her thread and it is very easy to post that as a new question, which I believe is in the forum rules. I realize we all do it but maybe we could try and stay a little more on topic or start a new one.

My mistake. I'll post a new thread in an appropriate place.

jason
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:58 AM   #17
Major Player

Very nice job...

I liked it quite a bit, Heather, although I also agree with slight overuse of the white-out transition and maybe needs more color saturation. In the beginning setting shots, I felt the second church shot (zoom out) out left me hanging, like it was incomplete. If the cross was your focal point, I might have zoomed into it instead, but I am being way too picky here! Great job and I'm sure the b&g loved it. Keep up the great work...
Vincent Croce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:45 PM   #18
Major Player

Very nice! I loved the beginning, and the timing of the clips to the music was cool (like "head on fire" and you show the tiara, and "took me by the nad" just as the groom took her hand). I agree that there might have been a little too much soft fx, but I'm guilty of that as well.

I see you're from Ft Wayne... that's my hometown. Moved to Cincinnati about 5 years ago, but I used to live in both Waynedale and up near I-69 & Dupont (extreme opposite sides of town :-) I come back a lot to visit family and friends, and sometimes I sure do miss a (relatively) small town.

Nice video... thanks for sharing it!

Dan
Dan Shallenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Nice job. How come there is so much "extra" black video at the end of your online streaming sample? I was expecting the video to continue or something. ;o)
Tom Bolia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques