DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Highlights Clip to view (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/63605-highlights-clip-view.html)

Mark A. Foley March 24th, 2006 02:06 PM

Highlights Clip to view

I haven't posted a clip in here in awhile...here is a fairly simple highlights clip I recently delivered to a client....
http://link4.streamhoster.com/video_...tle=Highlights

Paul Gallagher March 24th, 2006 02:45 PM

I really loved your edit, especially the start and the end, the start keeps you in suspense before seeing the Bride in her full glory and the romantic kiss under the moon at the end to seal the edit, very nice.
One question, how did you get the right lighting for the fake moon kiss at the end, it looked so natural?
Paul

Craig Terott March 24th, 2006 02:57 PM

Nice job Mark. The priest would let you near the front row huh?

Patrick Moreau March 24th, 2006 03:19 PM

Mark,

Are you looking for comments, criticism, praise, none or all of the above?

Mike F Smith March 24th, 2006 10:36 PM

I thought if was really nice Mark. You went to b+w in a way that didn't clobber me over the head about it, and that was good. About 1/3 of the way thru I felt a little like I was going to start singing the theme song for Rockey "trying hard now" I'm not sure about all the make up maybe a little too much of the getting ready for battle feel which tied into the Rockey feeling. Awsome ending.

Mike

Richard Wakefield March 25th, 2006 03:22 AM

Hi there Mark,

fantastic highlights clip (sometimes i really wish i had the money to do multi-camera shots, they really pay off!)

I was just wondering what track was playing in the background?...is it from a movie soundtrack?

cheers
Richard
(www.fxfilms.co.uk)

Mark A. Foley March 25th, 2006 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Gallagher
I really loved your edit, especially the start and the end, the start keeps you in suspense before seeing the Bride in her full glory and the romantic kiss under the moon at the end to seal the edit, very nice.
One question, how did you get the right lighting for the fake moon kiss at the end, it looked so natural?
Paul

I have my son off camera holding a 20W Sunpack light

Mark A. Foley March 25th, 2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield
Hi there Mark,

fantastic highlights clip (sometimes i really wish i had the money to do multi-camera shots, they really pay off!)

I was just wondering what track was playing in the background?...is it from a movie soundtrack?

cheers
Richard
(www.fxfilms.co.uk)

It is from the movie sountrack "The Island" This forum's very own Glen E turned me on to it....

Robert Musiello March 25th, 2006 06:08 AM

link doesn't work...

Am I too late...link is N/G

Robert Musiello March 25th, 2006 06:14 AM

I got it...

Ok i'm a dummy... figured it out..

Robert M Wright March 28th, 2006 06:21 AM

Nice clip Mark. I use Firefox (on a Win98 machine) for web browsing (the combo of Win98 and Firefox is good, for security purposes, while browsing). For some reason the aspect ratio was off (stretched horizontally), while viewing with Firefox/Win98. I tried loading the same URL with IE and it displayed correctly. Thought you might want to know about the difficulty with Firefox (at least on a Win98 machine).

Dan Shallenberger March 28th, 2006 09:03 AM

Mark, that was incredible! I really loved the music and the pacing. In my opinion, this is the kind of clip I watch and learn from. I try to watch clips posted here for the technical & creative information (camera placement, lighting, etc.), but I found myself getting caught up in yours and had to watch it again for the technical stuff.

I think your camera placement during the ceremony was great. I love the camera low on the floor at the back during the processional. Did they not allow you up front, or is this how you always do it? I also thought the way you inserted the vows was very cool.

For the moon shot, was that a composite, or was the moon really there?

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us.

Dan

Mark A. Foley March 28th, 2006 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Shallenberger
Mark, that was incredible! I really loved the music and the pacing. In my opinion, this is the kind of clip I watch and learn from. I try to watch clips posted here for the technical & creative information (camera placement, lighting, etc.), but I found myself getting caught up in yours and had to watch it again for the technical stuff.

I think your camera placement during the ceremony was great. I love the camera low on the floor at the back during the processional. Did they not allow you up front, or is this how you always do it? I also thought the way you inserted the vows was very cool.

For the moon shot, was that a composite, or was the moon really there?

Very nice! Thanks for sharing with us.

Dan

That was a composite shot. During the actual shot, my son held a 20W sunpack light off camera to simulate the moonlight....

Dante Waters March 28th, 2006 10:37 AM

Mark what equipment/materials was used aside from the 20w sunpack.

ie.
Cameras
Tripods/steadicam
Computer/Software
filters etc...

Mark A. Foley March 28th, 2006 10:49 AM

Shot with a PD170...handheld...edited with Vegas....chromakeyed the moon in....